Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa Pacific University
||Azusa, CA United States
Database Systems Engineer |
The Database Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, upgrading, managing, and maintaining APU's database systems and connected enterprise applications. Provides technical leadership that guides and implements APU's continually improving use of database technologies and disciplines. Manages and delivers database design, performance tuning and hands-on administration of server databases.
Provides technical leadership as a member of IMT Enterprise Applications. Shares knowledge and develops other IT professionals to receive customer and partner feedback in establishing strategically-aligned processes. Champions system improvement, security, integrity and stability. Also partners with product and service teams across IMT to improve and support the enterprise software platform, and deploys customizations and integrations created by developers.
* A Bachelor degree in computer science or a related computer discipline, or equivalent experience, is required.
* 5-7 years of systems administration with demonstrated proficiency in upgrading and supporting applications and middleware on Linux and Windows platforms in an enterprise deployment.
* Growth in full stack engineering knowledge to continuously improve processes and technical capabilities of self and a devops product team in software configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
* 3 years implementing major system upgrades and enhancements, including new versions of complex applications, with regular new feature releases to customer groups.
* Strong teamwork and facilitating skills: Continually develop self and team members to create and maintain a high-performance, fast-growth culture.
* Preferred: 3-5 years experi ence in administration of PeopleSoft 9.2 applications such as Campus Solutions, Financial Management, or Human Resources
* Preferred: Experience in Oracle database administration, management, backup, and high availability using Oracle DataGuard.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Prototype, research and install major system upgrades in a mixed cloud and on-premise environment (AWS and VMware hosted virtual servers).
* Maintains existing application, web, process scheduler and database components of mission critical enterprise applications.
* Builds and configures new software environments using Oracle PeopleSoft tools, supported by APU compute and networking teams.
* Provide technical expertise necessary to ensure that the PeopleSoft and Database environments are operating at their optimal performance, and implements backup and recovery plan.
* Develops and applies advan ced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of highly complex system requirements and problems.
* Applies software patches and product image updates regularly in order to keep current with Oracle releases, which requires flexibility for occasional planned work outside of APU business hours.
* Monitor components such as WebLogic server, Tuxedo application server, Process Schedulers, and Oracle databases.
* PeopleSoft system upgrades, patching and installation.
* Peoplesoft Deployment Package (DPK)
* Peoplesoft Update Manager (PUM) and PeopleSoft Images (PIs)
* Oracle 11g, 12c or higher database administration and optimization.
* Familiar with container and cloud-native orchestration technology such as Docker and Kubernetes (we run RedHat OpenShift), as well as software repositories (Git), and centralized logging and mo nitoring.
* Familiar with scripted server deployment techniques and configuration tools such as Ansible or Puppet
* Backup and recovery, high availability, and scalable web services.
* Job/task scheduling & scripting to automate provisioning for prototyping new modules and/or features.
* Administering, auditing and improving PeopleSoft Security.
* Fully configuring PeopleSoft environments with little or no supervision.
IMT Profile and Mental Demands
* In order to function effectively, this person must have a high level of independence, show a high level of initiative, have the ability to make decisions, and be highly motivated. This must be done in a consistent with the team management structure and culture that is employed by IMT.
* Communicate complex technical details in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical staff, and be able t o liaise with IMT's customers, APU departments and external vendors.
* Service oriented mindset with the ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks while transferring knowledge and expertise to empower clients and users.
* Periodically required to be available by telephone for management, consultation, and liaison with support, development and technical staff after normal working hours and on weekends. In emergency situations, this may require considerable onsite presence.
* Able to keep confidentiality with discretion and good judgement.
* Proficient in Google G Suite, Microsoft Office.
* Software for agile team-work, monitoring, product management, etc. (e.g. JIRA)
* ChatOps for collaboration and automation (e.g. Slack)
* Support ticketing systems (e.g. Zendesk)
* Code repositories (e.g. Git) Azusa Pacific University is acti ng as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Azusa Pacific University|