Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Food 4 Less
||Crest Hill, IL
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Writing/Authoring
Company Name:Food 4 Less
Create outstanding customer experiences through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean and fresh environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist in achieving sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Deli/Bakery department in the absence of the Deli/Bakery Manager. Support the day-to-day functions of operations. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, safety and food safety regulations and company guidelines.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
- Empower associates to meet or exceed targets through collaboration and teamwork.
- Ensure adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Help to train and develop associates on performance of their job.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions and making suggestions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Slice and serve products to customers' requests using proper equipment in the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of deli/bakery specials.
- Use all equipment in deli and bakery such as the fryer, rotisary, heat lamps, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
- Display a positive attitude and sense of urgency.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions especially promotions that affect the Deli/Bakery.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Help to monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Help ensure pricing accuracy.
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking, CAO and Key Retailing.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks, issues, customer or employee accidents and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Deli experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Jobs at Food 4 Less: At Food 4 Less, our people make us who we are. They are more than just our associates, theyâre part of the communities we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, Food 4 Less is always looking for outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in building and advancing your career with Food 4 Less, we invite you to complete an online application today.
Food 4 Less|
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers
in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states.
Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers
and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human
Spirit by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities
by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules,
benefits and room for advancement.
Please visit our employer showcase!