Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Manhattan Beach, CA
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Writing/Authoring
Lead Seafood Wrapper|
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean and fresh environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Seafood department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Seafood operations. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to all local, state, federal laws, safety and food safety regulations, and Company guidelines.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates and promote teamwork to meet or exceed these goals.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on job performance including inventory/stocking and CAO.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions and make suggestions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Cut seafood to customers' requests using proper cutting equipment.
- Inform customers of meat/seafood specials and offer samples.
- Provide customers with fresh/frozen products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
- Display a positive attitude and a sense of urgency.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Create and execute sales promotions in partnership with store management.
- Implement merchandising promotional plan and keep entire staff current on all ads.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions noting any discrepancies in inventory.
- Ensure pricing accuracy throughout Meat and Seafood Department.
- Stay compliant with all country of origin labeling and regulations.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks, issues, customer or employee accidents and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Possess adequate knife handling skills and knife speed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Seafood experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Jobs at Ralphs: At Ralphs, our people make us who we are. They are more than just our associates, theyâre part of the communities we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, Ralphs is always looking for outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in building and advancing your career with Ralphs, we invite you to complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers
in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states.
Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers
and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human
Spirit by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities
by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules,
benefits and room for advancement.
Please visit our employer showcase!