||Cortland, NY United States
|| Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Finance/Economics, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Law Enforcement, and Security, Manufacturing and Production, Executive Management, Research & Development, Environmental, Energy / Utilities
Pall Corporation is seeking a Facility Manager in Cortland, NY. The Facility Manager will be responsible for maintenance of plant facilities including maintenance staff, plant infrastructure and utilities to ensure continual reliable and safe operations with the intent of continuous improvement to achieve sustainable plant goals. Plans, directs and controls manufacturing operations through the advising work of maintenance union associates as well as utilizing project management and preventative maintenance techniques within a defined schedule. Ensures effective and efficient work process management and communication systems are installed and maintained. Effectively leads the union maintenance associates and all onsite contractors.
Leads all activities of plant facilities to ensure objectives are met within time, cost and value targets. Establishes policies and procedures for the maintenance and facility functions to ensure conformity to applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and aligns with Pall/Danaher standards. Maximizes the performance and maintenance of plant facilities by implementing and sustaining lean conversion principles in order to meet internal customer requirements. Effectively drives and mentors Danaher Business Systems (DBS), while championing an environment of collaboration and associate engagement.
Oversees responsibility of design equipment, systems, mechanical, electrical, construction and other projects. Writes and updates schedules for completion of design projects. Leads revisions of facilities record drawings as applicable. Develops, sustains and adapts training programs that are implemented through standard work practices to enable the site to meet their respective business requirements. Supervises the utilization of all reporting personnel. Coaches and facilitates high performance behaviors, skills and competencies. Utilizes PTMs business processes and performance measurements to focus and align work efforts. Selects, trains, holds team members accountable in accordance with the union contract. Promotes growth and achievement of direct reports. Adheres to company policy and terms of the union contract towards minimizing employee complaints and grievances with uniform application of these documents. Reviews attendance and tardiness of personnel and takes disciplinary action as required within the uniform guidelines established. Participates in the development and directing of safety procedures to minimize the frequency and severity of accidents. Adheres to the established environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
Develops and controls variable budgets for maintenance department to keep variable costs within budgets, including capital requirements. Leads and engages associates during Kaizens to drive continuous improvements. Identifies and implements new process improvements to achieve cycle time reductions and reduce labor content. Leads daily management to drive sustainable, continuous improvements. Effectively partners and collaborates with Operations Managers and Engineering to direct the activities and work prioritization plant maintenance and facilities. Provides technical expertise to both maintenance and facilities engineering personnel, all while ensuring adherence to proper safety procedures. Responsible for the hiring, supervision, evaluation and effective utilization of all contractors and subcontractors. Ensures direct responsibility of plant preventive maintenance system, including technical documentation, procedures and supply of critical spare parts required for continued safe plant operation. Is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of e-maintenance software, which includes timely software maintenance.
- Leads the development and distribution of management reports and assessment of costs and time lines while considering impact to plant objectives. Utilizes these reports to develops protocols and supervises performance of organization to provide sustainable plant performance reliability
- Prepares and adheres to established budgets and projections to meet Cortland and Pall/Danaher financial objectives, both in terms of expense and capital. Quotes out capital projects, prepares and submits capital projects (IPAs), leads and troubleshoots to bring design projects to fruition, on-time and within budget
- Provides leadership in the reduction of the cost of services rendered and strives to minimize energy and other operating costs
- Develops and promotes the growth of personnel and organization to accept ownership and accountability. Improves productivity and encourages creativity in order to meet rapidly changing business requirements
- Ensures building and property security is maintained
- Ensures a safe working environment exists consistent with OSHA and company policies and safety equipment is maintained and effectively used, including reading and understanding all relevant safety literature, and using required protective equipment and practicing good housekeeping
- Ensures that plant environmental regulations and good practices are adhered to
- Collaborates with union and effectively works to resolve labor disputes expeditiously with uniformity and consistency of application. Promotes labor-management collaborative working relationship
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in business, engineering or other related subject area, advanced degree preferred
- 5-8 years of previous experience managing maintenance of a smaller plant or experience leading another business unit of $10M within a large plant
- Previous experience working with a unionized workforce
- Must have past experience with successful implementation of Continuous Improvements, Lean Manufacturing principles and practices, and have strong understanding CI tools and techniques along with experience of demonstrating sustained results
- Experience with primary oversight of maintenance of a manufacturing plant preferred
- Exceptional leadership, team building skills & focus on developing a safety culture
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, in addition to being results oriented, creative and self-motivated are required
- Demonstrated safety leadership capabilities and knowledge and experience
- Occasional (10%) travel is required
- Leadership: Willingness to work on the shop floor and lead by example; ability to influence decision making with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to agreement. High tolerance for ambiguity
- Communication: Interpersonal skills that build productive relationships and influence others, both within the business and across organizations. Ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams), exceptionally good listening skills, able to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity
- Teamwork: Collaborate effectively with others in the spirit of common objectives
- Planning and Execution: Excellent project management and prioritization skills. Solid business acumen. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment
- Analytical Problem Solving: Able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data. Innovative and effective solution development, risk mitigation and execution. Hands-on experience with most of the following Lean / Problem solving tools: DMAIC, Lean, voice of the customer, benchmarking, quality function deployment, control charts, standardized work, etc.
Other Requirements (include culture, fit and values)
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.