Product Specialist Pathology Imaging Integration|
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual product sales goals set for the territory
- Clearly communicate complex and technical information to a variety of stakeholders
- Serve as technical expert for respective product line
- Maintain current knowledge of competition and market through study of competitive marketing information, competitive literature, and field surveillance of competition
- Maintain accurate and timely prospect and customer data in SFDC
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through delivery of sales and support assistance
- Ensure the integrity of data is accurate and representative of current customer base
- Travel overnight as necessary (estimated at 50%) for all customer appointments, trade shows and customer meetings. Customer call activity will be a balance of existing customers accounts to expand our current base, meeting with active opportunities and prospecting for new opportunities in the assigned geography
- Coordinate sales activities within national, multi-site, laboratory accounts by interacting with other departments in the organization to insure the proper handling of customer requirements
Required Education, Experience, Skills
Education: BA/BS Degree
- Minimum 5+ years relevant sales and technical experience (integration and/or digital pathology)
- Prior capital sales experience
- Understanding or Cloud, Virtualization Technologies, Load Balancing, High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Experience with IHE and HIE technologies and standards (DICOM, HL7, LOINC, SNOMED, CDA, XDS..etc), PACS, and HL7 version 2.x messaging (ADT, OML, ORM, ORU) is a plus.
- Operating Systems Windows, Unix/Linux.
- Understanding of Databases (relational and nosql)
- Strong working knowledge of the overall life science industry
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
Education: Degree in Life Sciences or Masters Degree in Business/MBA
- Diagnostics, Life Science and/or Pathology experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Must Possess a valid Drivers license.
- Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage (if applicable) and/or for company meetings
- Excellent selling/presentation skills, relationship building, negotiating, closing and account management skills
- Ability to analyze situations, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Capacity for strategic thinking/planning as well as tactical implementation
- Business/financial management comprehension preferred
- Proven ability to close bundled systems sales
- Leads without authority
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent customer relations/service skills
- Self-motivated and independent thinker
- Goal oriented and results driven
Scope of the Role
Supervisory Responsibility: none
Approximate Direct Reports:
Approximate Indirect Reports:
- Field Sales Support
- Regional Product Specialist
- Commercial Operations
- Service Team
- Lab Directors
- Lab Managers
- Hospital administrators
- Supply chain
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.