District Manager- Downtown Los Angeles District- Los Angeles, CA|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking is at the center of our efforts to rebuild trust and transform the way we serve our customers and clients. The Consumer and Small Business Banking organization is focused on innovating and transforming our business with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose through a broad suite of financial products and services. While we are pleased to be an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas, including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending, our primary goal is delivering for our customers. Our market positions are an outcome of great work by employees who are committed to serving our customers.
As a district manager, you're responsible for leading a team of managers to ensure an exceptional customer and team member experience, managing risk, and supporting growth across multiple branch locations. As a leader, you will coach, motivate and develop your team of direct and indirect reports to achieve their full potential and meet business objectives.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of managers and serving as a role model for leadership, building relationships, community outreach and involvement, issue resolution, and working to help customers and team members succeed.
- Being a risk management leader; proactively understanding the risks that are present in your area of responsibility and effectively managing those risks.
- Collaborating with partners, peers and other leaders to understand and react to trends in the business and execute in alignment with our Vision, Values, & Goals
- Leading branch teams to be able to effectively support helping consumer, affluent and small business customers succeed financially through knowledge and skill in servicing a diverse customer base
- Managing a team of direct and indirect team members; addressing human resources and people management issues while working to attract, retain and develop talent.
- Leveraging fundamental leadership activities including making observations, coaching and providing feedback to understand performance and behaviors
- Implementing branch performance objectives and ensuring ongoing expectations are followed related to coaching, feedback, development and the performance management process.
- Leading transformational changes in the business, such as transitioning to promoting digital and self-service options in the branch, ensuring team member readiness through communications, skill development, and reinforcement.Â
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 5+ years of leadership experience including coaching, training, or mentoring
- 5+ years of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or helping with issue resolution
- 5+ years of experience following policies and procedures
- Experience leading the execution of business strategies to support an excellent customer experience, high performing teams and growth in the business
- Management experience including hiring, coaching, and developing direct reports
- Ability to effectively manage managers
- Experience managing business units in multiple locations
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively network and represent Wells Fargo within the community
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and team members
- Ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities, exercise independent judgment, and use critical thinking skills
- Ability to lead a team to influence, educate, and connect customers to technology and share the value of digital banking options
- Experience in identifying and managing regulatory compliance and risk
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- A review of internal sales quality performance and corrective action history for current and former team members may be conducted during the application process.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.