Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington, VA United States
|| Healthcare, Other
The Procurement Director(s) serve as the main point of contact for sourcing and procurement issues related to each health program procurement area (HIV/AIDS, diagnostics, malaria, family planning and maternal & child health)
- Organize, lead and manage the health program Procurement Department,
- In collaboration with other health programs, establish procurement systems and procedures and ensure their implementation,
- Analyze commodity requirements, establish sourcing strategies based on those requirements, and put in place procurement mechanisms to execute the sourcing strategies,
- Inform, coordinate, execute as necessary, and monitor procurements; oversee the preparation of weekly procurement status reports and their provision to all stakeholders,
- Provide procurement advice and guidance and monitoring support to procurements undertaken by field offices,
- Ensure preparation long-term forecasts of commodity requirements and detailed supply plans needed to meet requirements; and continuously monitor the execution of the supply plans,
- Ensure full compliance with all USG rules and regulations, as well as established regulations and Standard Operating Procedures, in the provision of procurement services,
- In collaboration with local and international vendors, assure the quality of all procured products and their timely delivery, in accordance with established standards.
Qualifications & Requirements
- At least seven years of experience managing global pharmaceutical sourcing and procurement for organizations providing global procurement and/or freight forwarding services,
- Specific experience in sourcing and/or procuring healthcare commodities in any one of the following program areas desired – HIV, malaria, family planning, and maternal and child health.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for medicine procurement required,
- Experience interacting with senior U.S. and foreign government officials,
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams
- Experience with ERP or procurement/supply chain management software,
- Strong negotiation skills at a senior level with international manufacturing companies,
- Experience working in or supporting public health or supply chain programs in LMICs is desired,
- Some international travel required,
- A graduate degree in supply chain, contracting, finance, business or management is preferred or a bachelor’s degree in the same field and an additional five years of work experience beyond the seven required above may be substituted for a graduate degree.
- Professional supply chain accreditation or certification an advantage.
JSI is a team of public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and outcomes for all. Our fundamental goal is to ensure that all individuals can live their best and healthiest life, regardless of age or circumstances. In pursuit of our goal, we provide innovative management consulting and technical assistance incorporating a broad range of skills and more than 40 years in the field. We collaborate with government agencies, the private sector, and local nonprofit and civil society organizations to identify and implement solutions to public health challenges. These partnerships improve the quality, accessibility, and equity of health systems and lead to better health outcomes. We work within communities and rely on local staff to ground our approach in a deep understanding of those who will benefit. While we promote using best practices and sharing solutions, we tailor strategies to each situation and seek creative options to meet clients’ needs.
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.