Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Chicago, IL United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Director of Program Operations and Evaluations|
This position is responsible for oversight of all agency program operations. The Director will ensure all program operations are in line with agency vision and program policies and delivered with a trauma informed approach. This position will oversee any additional programming and opportunities to further the agency mission. The Director is responsible for the oversite of the Permanent Supportive Housing and Immediate Services programs and all data quality and evaluation.
Program Oversight and Staff Supervision
• Provide leadership and supervision to the Director of Immediate Services, Permanent Supportive Housing Manager and Facilities Manager
• Ensure delivery of program services consistent with agency program policy and standards.
• Ensure the delivery of services in accordance with all City of Chicago C of C’s program models.
• Oversee the development of all policies and procedures for all agency programs.
• Oversee the design of any new programs
• Oversee the delivery of staff training and staff development for all programs for compliance and advancement of staff competencies.
• Oversee the maintenance and facilities planning for agency facilities.
• Staff the Program Committee of the board
• In collaboration with the Executive Director, communicate organization’s strategic goals, objectives and outcomes internally and externally to all employees, clients, and external stakeholders.
• Represent Sarah’s Circle by building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders and fielding calls from community leaders and neighbors to ensure positive neighbor relations
• Develop and foster professional relationships with community agencies and represent Sarah’s Circle in external forums to engage additional program partners and explore additional opportunities.
• Participate as appropriate in fundraising, financial planning and yearly budget development and management.
Data Quality and Program Evaluation and reporting
• Ensure compliance with all public and private grant requirements
• Oversee the timely submission of all government contracts and reporting
• Manage the program evaluation process
• Ensure efficacy of program data including accurate and timely data input procedures using HMIS and proprietary organizational spreadsheets
• Oversee compilation of program data reports and lead program outcome discussion
• Represent Sarah’s Circle in a professional manner.
• Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
• Assistance with program coverage is occasionally required
• Perform general tasks or other duties, as assigned by supervisor
Attendance at Required Meetings
• All staff meetings (quarterly)
• Program Committee Meetings (quarterly)
• Leadership Team Meetings (weekly)
• Supervision (weekly)
• Board of Director Meetings (periodic attendance requested)
Attendance Required at Events
• Winter Walk
• Beer Fest
• Other events as required
Dependability: able to work independently, submits accurate documentation, and seeks guidance when needed.
Teamwork: establishes collaborative relationships with staff and volunteers, provides leadership when appropriate
Receptive: accepts feedback, takes ownership of responsibilities, and identifies areas of growth
Interpersonal Skills: communicates clearly (written and verbally), seeks solutions, and demonstrates flexibility
Integrity: keeps sensitive information confidential and adheres to personnel policies
Initiative: brings questions to supervisor and seeks opportunities for further development
Maintain current knowledge base by participating in educational or training opportunities, reading relevant publications, and maintaining professional networks
Qualifications & Requirements
Master’s degree in social service or related field preferred
10+ years’ supervisory experience with a similar population or in a similar setting required
Extensive, demonstrated experience working with Supportive Housing programs required
Experience with program design and evaluation
Experience working with women experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness
Experience with HUD and City of Chicago grants preferred
Special Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of not-for-profit program administration, including budgeting
Excellent team building and conflict resolution skills
Ability to work effectively with all agency stakeholders, especially Board members
Knowledge of systemic, societal issues relating to homelessness, and the ability to effectively articulate these issues and how they affect Sarah’s Circle programming to the public
Ability to lift approximately 20lbs
Ability to travel between multiple locations
Follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) through administrative updates compliant with federal law
Sarah’s Circle provides a full continuum of services for women, including housing, life necessities, and supportive services, to help them permanently end their homelessness.