Engagement Lead--Medical Devices Product Engineering--Plano Texas location|
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant -http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Qualifications & Requirements
• This position is responsible for achieving successful implementation of strategic product development and subsystem program or projects along with offshore engagement manager.
• Develops and executes against team contracts, ensuring team commitments are met and communicated in a timely manner. Uses leadership skills to ensure that cross-functional resources are assigned and held accountable for task and outcome completion.
• Ensures that projects are completed on time and meet established goals and objectives (per project contract) that support the financial and competitive goals of the both organizations.
• Leads product development teams through successful completion of the phase review process. Maintains and executes the phase schedule. Drives the quality and completion of phase review presentations, deliverables and use of guidelines. Provides leadership clarity to resolve action items initiated at phase reviews.
• Organize and Participate in Product planning, Architecture forums, and Management reviews.
• Meet and improve Clients’ and Capgemini’s KPI’s such as productivity, quality, Contribution Margin, team productivity, Resource usage etc.
• Serves as the communication link between the Client project team, onshore and offshore project team and senior leadership of Client and Capgemini leaders.
• Effective decision-making skills - ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across needs of several functional departments and willingness to make tough decisions. Makes timely decisions in the face of risk and uncertainty.
• Provide partnership and make sure projects are executed as per regulatory and client’s QMS requirements.
• Responsible for Hiring and maintaining project team and making sure team is trained for upskilling.
• Provide feedback to Capgemini functional heads regarding team performance and project resource needs.
• Support hiring, and onboarding activities. contract signoff, facilitating documentation for visa processing
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years of R&D, Engineering, or Program Management experience with 7 years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 8 years of R&D, Engineering, or Program Management experience with 5 years of managerial experience
• Experience in executing programs in medical device or IVD industry.
• Experience in client serving and on Shore and offshore environment will be huge plus.
• Good experience in Agile Software Development Lifecycle Processes and Methodologies
• Experience in identifying product and project Risk Management.
• PMP Certification Preferred
Project Managers take full responsibility for managing a project or program. They normally manage a number of related streams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction. Project Managers are responsible for the project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization. A Project Manager usually has technical expertise in one or more other domains (e.g. a Project Manager with testing skills could perform a test manager function).
Required Skills and Experience:
You are responsible for leading either a large project or a definable segment of a very large and complex project. Clients may be external or internal. You are responsible for the translation of the client's complex business requirements into formal agreements. For these, you establish specific solutions, applications or processes which ultimately culminate in customer acceptance of the results. This includes working with client team members and executives to identify business requirements and subsequently working with, and leading others, in the initiating, planning, controlling, executing and closing the client's solution. You are responsible for a wide range of process activities beginning with the request for proposal through development, and final delivery.
• Qualification: 12 years of experience; Bachelor's Degree
• Certification: Manages engagements with complexity on EM level 1 or higher. Is, if possible, certified on this level.
• Should be experienced in Negotiation, Vendor Management, Risk Management, Project Financials, KPI & Reporting
• Should have progression skills in Quality Management
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.