Director, Group Service Delivery|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Lead the IT Service Delivery Function for the Pharma Services Group (PSG). The primary services delivered include: application support, network provisioning, database maintenance, business colleague support (desktop, access & administration), Quality / SOX / Security compliance and customer-specific data delivery.
- Embody the concept of Quality at a Global level for PSG and become a true partner maintaining overall IT Quality Governance for team.
- Be the primary escalation contact for IT Global Issues and Requests and mentor Shared Services IT teams and PSG Service Delivery Teams to maintain and enhance IT service provided to business colleagues.
- Develop strong partnerships with IT Shared Services teams and other PSG regional leadership teams to deliver best in class service for the local site
- Collaborate with business colleagues to understand support needs and develop effective business partnerships to proactively prepare and deliver business colleagues with excellent IT Services
- Collaborate as a member of the Clinical Trials Division (CTD) IT Service Delivery Leadership Team to develop and align IT support processes globally to meet business needs.
- Use ITIL and Process Improvement methodologies (such as Six Sigma, Lean, PPI etc) to drive process improvements in IT processes and IT support services. Measure metrics to demonstrate compliance with agreed service levels.
- Champion innovation by leveraging technologies used at other PSG / Thermofisher sites
- Work effectively with ThermoFisher Shared Services IT groups to ensure new or existing IT applications end-user support is in place and provide feedback to improve the same.
- Collaborate with Global Infrastructure Services and/or Global Applications to fully leverage Corporate shared services and to implement company standards.
- Understand and enforce the company’s system architecture standards and policies to maximize efficiency and support business colleagues.
- Hire, train, setup SMART career development goals and conduct performance reviews as per company policy.
- Ensure an appropriate mix of internal and external end user support resources to enable a flexible cost structure for PSG
- Establish and adhere to objectives, budgets, schedules, and work plans as required by the business unit.
- Embody ThermoFisher 4i values: integrity, innovation, intensity, and involvement
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- 15 years of progressive IT or technology experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences/Engineering or associated discipline or the equivalent work experience from an accredited institution.
- Experience in SOX environment
- CCPA (or similar) implementation and compliance
- Proven experience with the planning, development, evaluation, coordination and management of the Information Technology Infrastructure for a large organization
- Recent experience managing WAN, VPN, LAN
- Security awareness including incident response best practices and zero trust philosophy Preferred
- CISSP Security Certification (or work towards certification)
- SharePoint management
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in most aspects of infrastructure, security, telephony and cloud services.
- Experience working with business partners to determine needs and develop appropriate technical solutions/responses to solve business problems.
- Experience with integrating acquisitions into existing corporate IT infrastructure and systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities to meet business technology needs.
- Familiarity with Office 365 suite of collaboration tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of success in leadership positions, including leading direct reports
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status