Senior Business Analyst - PSG Finance Systems|
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Pharma Services Group, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, offers pharmaceutical and biotech customers the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of products and services to support drug research, clinical trials and production, including world-class outsourcing capabilities. PSG provides services for the pharmaceutical industry to develop new products and scale up to commercial volumes. We manufacture both drug substance and drug products.
PSG consists of three divisions and three business units, and has over 14,000 employees and more than 20 global manufacturing locations.
How will you make an impact?
As part of our global team, what you do contributes directly to our mission; enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
As a Senior Business Analyst - Financial Business Systems, you will align Business and Information Technology (IT) strategies and priorities, plan technology projects and programs, enhance business value, and deliver technology solutions and services to achieve the desired business outcomes. You will work closely with the business to gain in-depth understanding of business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. You will also provide guidance to the business regarding vendors and technical trends and analyze the total impact on the organization when making or facilitating project or program decisions. This role is key to understanding and documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges.
How will you get here?
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Oversees strategic and operational imperatives requiring IT enablement for the business units
- Manages stakeholder relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Manages and supports the delivery of complex systems to business clients within assigned areas
- Works with senior management to establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or extend the company’s existing information processing systems
- Identifies innovative technical and process solutions that drive the desired performance in cost, quality, compliance, customer service and revenue
- Manages changes in priorities, funding, scope, and timing to maintain alignment between business expectations and IT Department plans and budgets
- Generates ideas for improving IT operations and organization
- Establishes operational objectives and assists in developing, modifying, and executing company policies that may have company-wide effect
- Provides guidance to staff to achieve tactical and strategic business goals
- Manages the lifecycle of assigned applications and/or tools as part of a portfolio
- Responsible for results including project costing, implementation methods, vendor management, and staffing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong oral and written communications capabilities
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to sort through ambiguity to define comprehensive strategies and solution approaches
- Proven ability to leverage analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to quickly ramp up on new projects, business needs, and technologies
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Prior experience managing Financial Systems (e.g. Hyperion Planning, Oracle FDMEE, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM))
- Ability to maintain industry-leading subject matter expertise (SME) in the field of IT
- Working knowledge of Data Integration practices, methods, and technologies
- Working knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Lake, or Data Hub implementations
- Ability to manage personnel in both a direct report and project management capacity
- Ability to travel occasionally (~20%)
Preferred Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an IT business analyst, preferably within a Health and Life Sciences organization
- At least 3 years of experience managing Financial Systems (e.g. Hyperion Planning, Oracle FDMEE, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM))
- Experience with ERP systems, such as SAP ECC or S/4 HANA (particularly Central Finance)
- Demonstrable track record of collaborating with business stakeholders in the Finance function to drive consensus
- Familiarity with project delivery concepts and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience and education
- Track record of managing multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- ITIL Foundations certification .