Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||University of Tennessee
||Knoxville, TN United States
Financial Wellness Coach|
Functions and Responsibilities:
This position is part of the centralized team within One Stop Student Services that provides a student-focused approach to quality service in order to provide exceptional, seamless service experience that supports student success and institutional goals of recruitment, retention and graduation. The Financial Wellness Coach will provide students with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage their finances, make informed financial decisions and achieve financial independence. This position will report to the Coordinator of Financial Wellness and Education and assist the Coordinator with developing and implementing a financial wellness curriculum. This position is responsible for assisting with creating material, outreach and education to help engage the student population and promote financial wellness on campus. Finally, the position is cross-trained to provide front-line support to students, parents/families, and other campus community members in the areas of Undergraduate Admissions, University Registrar, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and the Bursar. The position will be able to answer questions of general breadth and depth related to the offices as well as facilitate transactions. This position will also be responsible for attending certain University events, programs, and functions on and off campus as well as work weekends/evenings as required.
In addition the Financial Wellness Coach will provide leadership in the Center for Financial Wellness and One Stop by:
· providing one-on-one and group financial coaching for participants in the Center for Financial Wellness
· assisting students with topics around goal setting, budgeting, spending, saving, and loan repayment
· conducting financial education classes and workshops – overseeing participant performance at in-person classes or online classes and introducing financial wellness modules to targeted organizations and student groups
· collecting and verifying all required data from participants throughout the program and assisting the Coordinator in program reports and preparation
· identifying and referring participants to other resources and services needed to achieve their financial goals.
· attending related training, meetings, conferences, and professional development programs
· assisting with financial wellness related programs and other duties as assigned
· and at times, this position will serve as first level of student contact where personal interaction and problem solution begins, providing general information and inquiries, acting as a triage for complex enrollment issues, solving end to end issues, and elevating complex issues to the appropriate specialists in the office that support One Stop.
Qualifications & Requirements
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree. One or more years of experience training or teaching others (students, staff, etc.). Two or more years of experience in customer service related field.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience working with individuals from diverse economic backgrounds in one or more of the following areas: financial goal setting, budgeting, debt repayment, utilization of quality financial services, or asset development. Preferred background in financial coaching, banking, asset development and/or a related economic field. Experience in higher education, specifically areas of enrollment, admissions, financial aid, registrar and bursar/student accounts.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Highly motivated self-starter.
• Demonstrates the ability and skill to interact affectively and confidently with individuals at all social and economic levels.
• Ability to work independently and as a productive team member.
• Ability to be flexible, adaptive and positive in a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to be detail-oriented with a willingness to learn new skill and techniques to promote quality, efficiency and successful student outcomes.
• Ability to identify internal weaknesses, identify solutions and to adapt coaching methods and tools to create more effective program and student outcomes.
• Ability to sense when students are overwhelmed and to break major objectives in manageable steps.
• Have the knowledge to engage/motivate/encourage student and help them resolve financial challenges and accomplish goals.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Creative, practical and strategic problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of best practices in the emerging field of financial literacy/financial wellness.
Applicants should submit a cover letter detailing relevant experience along with a resume and the name, e-mail address, and telephone number of three to five professional references. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A valid driver’s license is required.
University of Tennessee|
UT is the state’s flagship research institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. Enrolling more than 28,000 students, the campus is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in beautiful East Tennessee. As a land-grant university, UT fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement. The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 150 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, One Stop, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, and EM Communications.
EEO/AA Statement /Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.