Java - Software Engineer|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers âround-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Application Delivery Services (ADS) team within the Wealth & Investment Management Technology (WIMT) group is looking for a lead technical candidate. Providing technical guidance and consultation with application teams, clients, and Engineering Managers for their technology domain environments including but not limited to cloud, middleware, operating systems, applications, Software-as-a-Service, and Platform-as-a-Service products. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices. Provides the strategy and design for projects associated with their technology domain including, upgrades and deployments.
Utilizes advanced technologies and methods to integrate their technology domain with other technology domains, enabling the creation of new or expanded heterogeneous environments. Develops new documentation and departmental technical procedures. Directs the gathering of performance statistics to assist in determining hardware and communication tools needed to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability targets. As an escalation point, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of highly complex technical problems. Leads projects and manages the work of less experienced staff.
Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported technology domain. Leads projects and as an escalation point, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of highly complex technical problems. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported technology domain.
- Involve in end âend lifecycle of Product/Application development, analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Lead projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Mentor less experience technical staff and may be involved in activities for their skills development
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of .net experience
- 3+ years of Oracle experience
- Knowledge and understanding of API programming with Perl, XML, REST or JSON
- 3+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 3+ years of SOA (Services Oriented Architecture) experience
- Experience with .net
- Experience designing and developing learning for complex technology systems and processes including Agile development methodology environments
- Banking industry experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) experience
- Proven leadership in delivering Cloud solutions
- Microservices development experience
- Experience using distributed caching products (Oracle Coherence, Reddis)
- Experience using messaging middleware such as Solace
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead and drive the team ensuring defect free deliverables and also motivate the team to perform better everyday taking up more ownership and accountability.
- Possess innovative and Out-of-box thinking while developing advanced technical solutions to business problems, and grab opportunities to improve system resiliency.
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
VA-Glen Allen: 4340 Innslake Dr - Glen Allen, VA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.