Sr. Manager Business Management|
Job Title: Senior Manager, Head of Proposals and Business Management
When your part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. You will be part of a successful, growing global organization that will help customers find cures for cancer and protect the environment. You’ll be supported in achieving your career goals all while having the opportunity to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Princeton, New Jersey site is a multi – product and multi – client biopharmaceutical and cell therapy site with development and manufacturing capabilities.
How will you make an impact?
This role will apply Program, Proposal and Business Management expertise within the Cell Therapy industry to successfully deliver on programs comprised of integrated operations (e.g., work streams) while managing customer and business unit expectations.
This Candidate will be responsible for the Business and Program Management activities associated with establishing the Cell Therapy portfolio at the Princeton, New Jersey site. This will entail collaboration with site Program Managers to ensure successful start-up of the Cell Therapy manufacturing facility and operations. The Senior Manager, Head of Proposals and Business Management will also be responsible to have oversight of strategic clients’ activities at other sites within the Thermo Fisher network to ensure an effective end to end supply chain solution is delivered. Work streams in scope include Capital Readiness, Operations Readiness, Technology Transfer, Intermediate Generation (e.g., drug substance and drug product), Supply Chain management (storage and distribution services).
The role requires the direct management of business operations (S&OP, New Business, Strategic Planning, etc), Proposals Management (Drafting of Client technical work statements) and oversight to program management execution and financials (which is intended to be a separate function which reports into this role). As the customer relationship leader, this candidate will also work closely with Finance to establish and maintain revenue and invoice systems to support the work streams comprising the Cell Therapy portfolio and ensure the business is ultimately profitable. Candidate will be a member of the site leadership team (LT) reporting to the general manager of cell therapy and advise on strategic partnering with new and existing business as well as inform on agendas for site and executive steering committees. The candidate will also provide an element of Business Management (BM) support, which includes maintenance of the forecast, proposals, and participation in discussion regarding new services for the newly created Cell Therapy Business Unit.
What will you do?
o Oversight in Managing program financials including revenue adherence and invoice delivery to ensure business targets are met.
· Serve as primary Client and internal point of contact for communication on establishment and strategic execution of portfolio across Thermo Fisher Scientific network
o Communicate potential short- and long-term issues influencing agreed program result
o Responsible for communication to drive achievement of program milestones and deliverables
· Write contracts in support of Business Development activities
· Provide regular input to site management on operational (cost) standards, efficiency (including organizational issues) and capacity utilization optimization.
· Attend conferences to support sales in driving new business opportunities within the Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) contract development and manufacturing services organization
· Serve on cross-divisional strategic planning team responsible for expanding ThermoFisher footprint in the CGT industry
· Lead global Cell Therapy S&OP and provide demand signal for both new and existing cell therapy customers to impacted sites to delivery supply plans that ensure patient supply
· Manage internal and external escalations to ensure that program challenges are managed effectively and efficiently
· Travel to alternate Thermo Fisher and customer sites as needed to evaluate opportunities for synergy. Not to exceed 25%
· Prepare business cases for changes/expansion to current service offerings
How will you get here?
· Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences minimally required.
· Certification in Project Management (PMP) preferred.
· MBA preferred with experience in contract management
Minimum of 5 years of related experience in technical leadership roles, with > 8 years industry experience
At least 2 years of experience managing projects within Cell Therapy manufacturing and translatable business area
Ability to understand and interpret technical and business documents and apply appropriate actions.
Experience using MS Project or equivalent as a tool to create timelines and monitor project progress preferred.
Track record of leading cross-functional environments.
At least 1-2 years of experience in contract and business management supporting supply agreements, CDAs and work statements
At least 1-2 years of experience in demand and supply planning and forecasting leveraging business management tools for financial forecasting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
o Strong prioritization skills
o Strong presentation skills
· Ability to recognize developing problems, rather than only ongoing
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to work independently and as part of team
· Ability to lead and drive action
· Planning & organization skills
· Sound judgment and decision-making capacity
· Customer orientation mindset
· Detail oriented
· Results driven
· Comfortable in utilization of MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word