Senior IP Counsel|
When you are a part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. As a part of Thermo Fisher’s Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization team, you will enable biotech and large pharma customers to deliver breakthrough medicines to patients.
What will you do?
As a leader in Thermo Fisher Scientific’s IP Department, you will have the opportunity to define and drive the IP strategy for Thermo Fisher’s Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization including supporting our viral vector and plasmid manufacturing businesses by:
- Integrating with the research and development teams to learn about our manufacturing processes and identifying key IP opportunities while enabling innovative protection strategies
- Growing your understanding of the viral vector and plasmid manufacturing markets including competitor product offerings and services as well as monitoring new market entrants
- Performing risk evaluation for internal process development including due diligence assessments, freedom to operate analyses, infringement and validity analyses including mitigation strategies
- Being a part of the global IP Department and Legal Department and helping us become one of the most admired legal organizations
How will you get here?
Interested applicants should have a background in Cell/Molecular Biology, with a preference toward an advanced degree in Microbiology or Virology. Additionally, interested applicants should have: (1) have a passion for working on cutting edge technologies; (2) admission to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; and (3) a J.D. and admission to at least one state bar.
- Demonstrated experience in building global IP portfolios & IP strategies; In-house experience is preferred
- Experience in leading IP transactions including due diligence, M&A activities or license negotiations
- Substantive involvement in adverse proceedings such as oppositions, litigations or IPRs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 9+ years of experience in biopharma or biotechnology IP portfolio creation, strategy, and counseling
- Ability to communicate with people in R&D and upper management and the ability to build effective relationships
- Possessing initiative and self-motivated to provide the highest level of service to the business to get the job done
- Creative thinking and ability to challenge the status quo including the drive to find a better way
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.