Mortgage Underwriting Manager|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Â
Wells Fargo is looking to hire a Lending Manager 1 in our Home Lending Retail Mortgage department who has a strong desire and passion to deliver an exceptional experience in helping customers with their home loan applications. If you thrive on working with high accuracy and attention to detail and working with a team to meet customer needs, we want to talk with you!
As a Lending Manager 1, you will have the opportunity to strengthen your credit risk analysis and build on translating problems into practical solutions. Responsible for managing a section or department engaged in making lending decisions on a wide range of products. Functions include: ensuring group's underwriting and customer service levels are met; monitoring credit quality; approving loans within established loan approval limits; ensuring compliance with all appropriate Bank policies and regulations; working with business unit managers to understand servicing needs and make or recommend adjustments to provide improved turnaround times and customer service.
- Responsible for own team's results (ie. Quality, Production and Loyalty).
- Drive and balance capacity for the team.
- Develop a strong partnership /relationship with Sales and other Fulfillment partners.
- Ensure all departmental productivity, timeliness and accuracy goals are achieved monthly/quarterly/annually.
- Create a positive/engaging team environment conducive to high performance and production.
- Research, identify and analyze opportunities for process improvements, both internally and cross functionally, that will improve performance and reduce loss exposure and risk.
- Participate in partnership calls with Sales.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 3+ years of lending experience
- 1+ year of team leadership or management experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Leadership experience in a loan administration environment
- Strong relationship development skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated Mortgage underwriting experience or strong exposure to underwriting
- Experience leading or managing a team of underwriters in a mortgage loan production environment
- Experienced contributor to company/site/team objectives
- Ability to build strong teams to meet performance goals
- Ability to solve problems before they become critical
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
NJ-Red Bank: 200 Schulz Drive - Red Bank, NJ
MD-Columbia: 8830 Stanford Blvd - Columbia, MD
VA-McLean: 1751 Pinnacle Dr - Mclean, VA
DE-Rehoboth Beach: 18977 Munchy Branch Rd - Rehoboth Beach, DE
PA-Sewickley: 409 Broad Street - Sewickley, PA
PA-Camp Hill: 214 Senate Avenue - Camp Hill, PA
NJ-Paramus: East 80 Route 4 - Paramus, NJ
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.