Business Risk & Control Sr Officer|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
3 Business Risk & Control Sr. Officer positions:Â
Role #1 will be aligned to SERM; Role #2 aligned to the CRO of Finance; and Role #3 aligns to the CRO of Commercial Banking.
The Business Risk & Control Senior Officer is part of the Business Risk and Control Team, supporting Strategic Enterprise Risk Management (SERM) and the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Finance and Commercial Banking teams and reporting to the Business Risk & Control Senior Manager or Business Control Leader. The Business Risk & Control Senior Officer is recognized as an industry and subject matter expert with risk management functional knowledge and provides expert level risk management acumen to the business for designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements. The Business Risk & Control Senior Officer is responsible for identifying, assessing, managing and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures relevant to the Business Group or Enterprise Function. The Business Risk & Control Senior Officer creates internal partnership with the business, other business units, Audit, Legal, regulators, and industry partners regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs and leads project/virtual teams and mentors but does not manage other team members.
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the Strategic Enterprise Risk Management (SERM) and the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Finance and Commercial Banking teams and Enterprise Functions.
- Provides consulting and guidance on development and implementation of innovative, complex and highly integrated business specific risk management programs to identify, assess and mitigate risk.
- Counsel and escalate the interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs and/or implementation of program elements with high risk or significant impact and complexity to the Independent Risk Management senior management as front line liaison.
- Provide expert level risk management acumen to business for designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls.
- Monitor and report on the covered Function's risk concentration, current and emerging risk, and risk appetite.
- Aggregate, evaluate, reports results and escalates to the Senior Management.
- Design and execute control effectiveness assurance programs for Front Line-owned controls.
- Lead implementation of complex initiatives with high risk, generally spanning multiple business lines.
- Consults and provides guidance to Strategic Enterprise Risk Management (SERM) and the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Finance and Commercial Banking teams on the development, implementation, and monitoring of complex business-specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk.
- Aggregates, evaluates, reports on results and escalates where necessary.
- Designs and executes the control effectiveness assurance program for Front Line-owned controls.
- Leads implementation of initiatives with moderate to high risk.
- Collaborates internally with business regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs.
- 10+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
Other Desired Qualifications
- Expertise in supporting one or more areas of risk including, Credit Risk or Market Risk, Operational Risk, Model Risk and Compliance for BCL roles aligned to these groups within Corporate Risk.
- A deep understanding of enterprise risk management framework including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the Strategic Enterprise Risk Management (SERM) and the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Finance and Commercial Banking teams and enterprise Risk function.
- Technical understanding of Corporate Risk operations, processes, and responsibilities.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end-to-end risk management solutions and controls aligned with group's processes.
- In depth understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Ability to evaluate impacts based on changes in laws/regulations and develop company response.
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry.
- Proven ability to identify risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.