Business Support Consultant 5|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally.Â Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital.Â We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
This Business Support Consultant will be part of the internal Business Execution Services (BES) group within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).Â BES is the internal consulting division of CIB that partners with senior leaders to drive and manage key strategic change across the organization.Â
This role will report to the 'Customer Horizontal Program' within BES which specializes in large scale customer remediation and outreach efforts driven by regulatory and market change, customer onboarding and offboarding processes, and supporting technology tools.Â
As a Business Support Consultant, the ideal candidate will own and manage customer remediation programs, engage with senior CIB leaders across the Front Office, Legal, Compliance, and the Control Executive office, conduct project intake analysis, and identify and implement best practices across the Customer Horizontal team.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning
- 8+ years of financial services industry experience
- 5+ years of securities industry experience
- Experience consulting with internal clients and business
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
- Experience leading regulatory and compliance projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and execution
- Experience leading efforts with multiple stakeholder groups
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong leadership, relationship management, influencing and execution skills
- Ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment
- Experience planning and organizing cross functional work, building teams, and managing stakeholder groups to drive complex, high-priority efforts through to completion
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities as the body of work evolves, often on short notice
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.