|| Accounting/Auditing, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Government and Policy, Information Technology, Insurance, Legal, Military, Counseling, Quality Control, Research & Development
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo's enterprise success.
This Senior Counsel will work within the Enterprise Risk, Regulatory & Audit (ERRA) Division supporting Independent Risk Management programs and activities. In particular, this role will support operational risk, independent testing, and governance programs in Corporate Risk.Â
- Provide practical and legal advice to operational risk and independent testing programs developed and managed by Independent Risk Management
- Advise on alignment between risk activities and regulatory expectations/commitments by partnering with other ERRA teams within the Legal Department
- Develop partnerships in the Legal Department with attorneys and team members supporting business groups, other risk programs, Regulatory Relations, Government Relations & Public Policy
- Provide advice to members of the Legal Department on corporate operational risk policies, the Company's risk management framework, and related risk control activities and mitigation efforts
- Develop and maintain relationships with other key internal constituencies, including business leaders, risk and compliance executives, as well as relevant external constituencies
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of legal-related experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government, regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.