Analytic Consultant 4 - Internal Audit Innovation Team|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.Â
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Internal Audit conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes
The Strategy and Operations Group Innovation team, led by an Audit Director, is responsible for driving innovation across Internal Audit including building continuous assurance solutions, reporting/visualizations, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced analytics. The team is focused on transforming Internal Audit through these primary solution types.
The Innovation team has an opening for an Analytic Consultant 4 (AC4). The AC4 will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation, and execution of advanced analytic capabilities for the Innovation team. The candidate will develop expertise in navigating the extensive production and analytical data environments within Wells Fargo and apply that expertise to provide value-added data analysis solutions including predictive analytics and automation to the various audit teams. We are looking for a candidate with the proven ability to utilize data analysis methodologies and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the audit process. This includes partnering with internal auditors to identify opportunities to utilize data analysis in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls on a continuous basis.
- Facilitating the identification of opportunities to utilize data analysis in the assessment of risk and controls.
- Navigating within large complex technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing.
- Be results driven, detail-oriented, demonstrate strategic thinking and creativity;
- Be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment;
- Have strong relationship management, influencing, organizational and execution skills; communicate effectively and ensure that all deliverables are met;
- Be a critical thinker with an innovative mindset, coupled with a track record for creating solutions that are efficient, effective, and essential;
- Navigate within technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing;
- Train and mentor team members in the use of data analysis and data analysis tools;
- Develop data-driven analytics capabilities to identify anomalies, outliers, emerging trends and operational risks across the Enterprise;
- Build continuous reporting and/or automation solutions that support risk identification.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling demonstrated through work or military experience; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- SQL or SAS experience
- Ability to develop operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
Other Desired Qualifications
- Certifications in analytics space:
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional
- SAS Certified Data Scientist
- Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences
- Certified Analytics Professional
- Data Mining and Applications Graduate Certificate (university specific)
- Experience in data processing, database programming, and/or data analytics.
- Experience building data visualization and/or reporting solutions through Power BI, Tableau, or similar BI tools preferred.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo businesses, systems of record, and data warehouses.
- Proficiency with other software and/or programming languages and tools (Visual Basic, Oracle SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, SQL Server Reporting Service, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.