|| Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Executive Management, Medical, Environmental
Senior Operator, Production Operations - 1st Shift|
What Production Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
7:30am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday
23 days of PTO
Access to health, vision and dental insurance
4.0% match on 401k contribution
Climate controlled environment
Permanent full-time position
Accountabilities in this role
- Follows established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in a production setting with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Performs housekeeping and inventory control tasks, maintaining a clean work environment including complying with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Performs other duties and/or participates in projects as assigned by your manager or other management team member.
- Understands and follow SOPs.
- Follows key CGMP and quality procedures.
- Troubleshoots and/or resolves minor machine issues.
- Develops proficiency in equipment operation and basic machine maintenance.
- Runs process to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Knows production targets/goals and drives operation to achieve or exceed goals while ensuring quality is built in to the product.
- Adheres to health and safety rules and requires subordinates to follow health and safety rules.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years related work experience and/or training required
- Previous cGMP environment experience preferred.
- Comfortable wearing medical scrubs, medical hair nets, medical beard nets, lab coats, etc. as required by job duty.
- Fluent in the English language with the ability to read and write.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside the area of responsibility
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training, and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in the recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occasionally involves a review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.