||Thermo Fisher Scientific
|| Engineering, Healthcare, Other, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Warehousing, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Energy / Utilities
Automation Engineer II|
Thermo Fisher Scientific VVS is a dynamic gene and cell therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. Our staff members; are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
How will you make an impact:
The Automation Engineer III is responsible for supporting Thermo Fisher VVS facilities in Lexington, MA with a scope encompassing automation systems for GMP manufacturing, process development, quality control, and warehouse operations.
What will you do:
- Responsible for the support of clinical and commercial drug manufacturing of gene therapy products.
- Leads automation activities during tech transfers of new products into the manufacturing facility and provides continued support throughout manufacturing campaigns.
- Designs, specifies, and supports manufacturing equipment and analytical equipment including implementing modifications to improve operational performance and product quality.
- Creates and maintains relationships with other Thermo Fisher VVS sites to develop and promote automation best practices and ensures compliance with Thermo Fisher VVS SOP’s, safe work practices, and cGMP regulations.
- The position involves close collaboration with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Sciences, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Information Systems, and other Engineering teams to complete all responsibilities.
How will you get here:
- Experience with systems such as OSI PI, Infobatch and AlarmWorX installation and support.
- Experience with DCS and/or PLC coding including but not limited to DeltaV, Allen Bradley, Siemens.
- Experience with electrical standards and local requirements and general electrical safety best practices.
- Experience with “smart” instrumentation protocols (i.e.: HART, Fieldbus, PROFIBUS, AMS Suite, etc.).
- Experience with automation hardware (system I/O modules &/or cards, power supplies, control relays, signal conditioners, etc.).
- Experience with P&ID loop tuning.
Key skills/desired experience
- Experience with Single-Use Manufacturing equipment is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
- Technical documentation review and revision experience.
- Working with both hands-on and remote based staff.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent priorities.
- Bachelor degree desired, (Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Sciences, Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering)
- Bachelor degree desired, high school diploma/GED is minimum requirement
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in the biotech engineering/manufacturing environment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.