Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||University of Florida
||Gainesville, FL United States
Visiting Assistant Professor in Acting and Performance |
Position: Full-time, 9-month, non-tenure accruing faculty position
Date of Expected Hire: August 16, 2021
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The School of Theatre and Dance seeks a Visiting Assistant Professor in Acting and Performance. The successful candidate will work with undergraduate and graduate actors on a variety of content areas that could include one or more of the following: foundational skills, scene study, period styles, directing, and/or devised performance. The School is especially interested in applicants with a progressive perspective on acting training in the 21st Century. Preferred qualifications include demonstrated capacity to offer perspectives within existing curriculum and/or specialized coursework in Black, Latinx, Asian/Asian American, or Indigenous American theatre/performance and an understanding of culturally informed pedagogy. The position entails active participation in our learning community while finding innovative ways to engage in critical discourse across the arts and other disciplines.
Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate and graduate curricula in acting and performance. Other responsibilities may include the following:
• Advise BA and BFA senior projects and MFA thesis projects
• Contribute to curricular efforts in performance related areas
• Participate in shared governance through service to School, College, and University committees
• Participate in the organizational and administrative activities of the Performance Area
Qualifications & Requirements
• MA or an undergraduate degree with equivalent professional experience in theatre and/or a related field and a record of creative and/or scholarly activities
• Evidence of success in promoting an environment that advances access, equity, and inclusion.
Preferred Qualifications: The successful candidate will bring to the position:
• MFA, PhD, DED, DA or an undergraduate degree with equivalent professional experience in theatre and/or a related field and a record of creative and/or scholarly activities
• Two years teaching experience in higher education or professional theatre setting with evidence of commitment to collaboration, diversity, and excellence in the arts and higher education.
• Engagement in the field consistent with the expectations of a research-focused institution.
• Demonstrated capacity to offer perspectives and/or specialized coursework in Black, Latinx, Asian/Asian American, or Indigenous American theatre/performance and an understanding of culturally informed pedagogy.
• Demonstrated aptitude for working toward structural and strategic change in relationship to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Strong organizational, management, and communication skills.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration, all application documents must be submitted by February 3, 2021at 11:59 EST. Applications received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the committee.
Application Process: Applications must be submitted via the University of Florida’s online application system at Faculty Jobs at UF (ufl.edu). Online applications must include the following: (1) a detailed letter of application that explains how you match the particular qualifications of this position and how your work and perspective will contribute to and enhance our transformative community; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) names and contact information of three professional references; (4) one page Artist Statement; (5) OPTIONAL Sample of scholarly writing. The Search Committee may request additional materials at a later time, including letters of reference.
Nominations and Inquiries may be sent to:
Tiza Garland, Associate Professor
Chair, Acting Search
The selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an educational institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call +1 (352) 392- 2477or the Florida Relay System at +1 (800) 955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
University of Florida|
The University of Florida College of the Arts intends to be a transformative community, responding to and generating paradigmatic shifts in the arts and beyond. As artists and scholars, we embrace the complexity of our evolving human experience and seek to empower our students and faculty to shape that experience fearlessly through critical study, creative practice, and provocation. We seek a colleague who identifies as a change-maker. We seek a colleague who will prepare students to access and unsettle centers of power in a radically changing world. We seek a colleague who will position emerging artists and researchers as catalysts for equity on local and global levels.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty, seeking faculty of all races, ethnicities, genders, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Director, Standards & Policy
with International Living Future Institute in Remote, US, WA.
Managing Director - Energy
with Rocky Mountain Institute in Boulder, CO, USA, US.
Senior Fellow - Energy
with Rocky Mountain Institute in Boulder, CO, USA, US.
Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
with Room to Read in SAN FRANCISCO, CA.
SAP SuccessFactors Talent Management Implementation Consultant
with B&A in Washington, DC.
|>> more | add|