Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Maryland Hospital Association
||Elkridge, MD United States
|| Healthcare, Other
Director, Association Affairs|
DIRECTOR, ASSOCIATION AFFAIRS
The mission of the Maryland Hospital Association (MHA) is to serve Maryland’s hospitals and health systems through collective action to shape policies, practices, financing and performance to advance health care and the health of all Marylanders. MHA advocates for members and their constituents – caregivers, patients, and communities – before state legislative and regulatory bodies. MHA also aids member organizations in their shared efforts – both within the field and in concert with other stakeholders in the private and public sectors – to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of health care services and to advance the health of all Marylanders.
The Association is seeking a Director, Association Affairs to join our team in Elkridge, MD. Reporting to the President & CEO and the COO, the Director will collaborate closely with colleagues and hospital leaders to execute MHA’s strategic and operational plans.
• Assist with the coordination of Association-wide projects and initiatives in conjunction with the CEO and COO.
• Assist the CEO and COO in the operations of the Association with governance, membership, human resources, political action committee, emergency management, equity initiatives and Association-wide events.
• Serve as staff lead on Association efforts toward diversity, equity and inclusion, both internally and in conjunction with members.
• Work with other MHA staff to ensure fulfillment of financial, strategic and operational analysis as needed.
• Research and provide recommendations on health care policies as assigned.
• Evaluate on an ongoing basis, in collaboration with the CEO and COO, the coordination of Association-wide activities and their alignment to the Association’s strategic plan.
• Recommend and assist in implementing best practices and equitable processes for the Association and our governing bodies.
• Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners across the Association and among its members.
• Run team meetings efficiently and effectively, with the skills to connect dots and influence key decisions.
• Coordinate the functions of the Executive Office.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the field of health care administration, business administration, and/or policy, public health, or association management
• Six to ten years of operational and/or policy experience in health care
• Experience in diversity, equity and inclusion activities highly preferred
• Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (written/oral)
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite particularly PowerPoint and Outlook
• Must have excellent project management skills with the ability to multi-task complex initiatives and work independently to achieve goals
The Maryland Hospital Association offers our employees a low-cost, comprehensive benefits package, tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and more.
Visit us online at www.mhaonline.org to find out more about our organization.
Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maryland Hospital Association|