Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Maryland Hospital Association
||Elkridge, MD United States
|| Healthcare, Other
Director, Quality & Health Improvement|
The mission of the Maryland Hospital Association (MHA) is to serve Maryland hospitals and health systems through collective action to shape policies, practices, financing and performance to advance health care and the health of all Marylanders. MHA advocates for members and their constituents – caregivers, patients, and communities – before state legislative and regulatory bodies. MHA also aids member organizations in their shared efforts – both within the field and in concert with other stakeholders in the private and public sectors – to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of health care services.
The Association is seeking a Director, Quality & Health Improvement to join our team in Elkridge, MD. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Quality & Health Improvement, the Director will collaborate closely with colleagues and hospital leaders to execute MHA’s advocacy goals for Maryland hospitals on issues related to quality, care delivery transformation, and health equity. Responsibilities include:
• Project management and coordination within and across teams to ensure Association priorities are completed on deadline and with appropriate input from colleagues and hospital leaders
• Create and update work plans; execute on next steps identified during meetings; follow-up with individuals to understand and resolve concerns and barriers; accept and manage ambiguity and complexity in reaching objectives
• Assist in development of budgets and scopes of work for consulting support
• Create, shape and advance policy proposals related to health care quality, care transformation, and health equity
• Create documents such as slides, background memos, comment letters, and talking points that facilitate discussion among hospital leaders, clarify policy options or advocate on behalf of the hospital field. This requires the ability to synthesize, distill and communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience and communicate from an advocacy perspective.
• Establish and foster constructive working relationships with hospital members, Maryland Department of Health and Health Services Cost Review Commission staff in areas related to quality, care transformation, population health, and health equity
• Monitor and maintain cognizance of significant government, leading hospitals’ and think tank activities in value-based care, care transformation, population health, health disparities, and quality
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field such as health care administration, public health, business, health policy, or community health
• Experience and/or certification in project management, process improvement, or change management highly desirable
• Experience managing health care projects, or familiarity with clinical or administrative operations, or subject matter including innovation models, care transformation or integration, clinical pathways, population health, patient engagement, quality, and health equity
• Experience giving and receiving feedback on content in a collaborative environment, ability to manage multiple priorities, shift-gears and re-prioritize as circumstances change
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with multiple internal and external audiences
The Maryland Hospital Association offers our employees a low-cost, comprehensive benefits package, tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and more.
Visit us online at www.mhaonline.org to find out more about our organization.
Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
|Contact Name:||Meghan McClelland|
Maryland Hospital Association|