Maintenance Hand - Electrician|
Find what drives you on a team with a more than 70-year history of discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our products serve a wide range of markets, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, youll find a rewarding role here. For the exponentially curious, Pall is a place you can thrive and amplify your impact on the world.
Pall is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, were pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
Interested in what roles in industry exist other than walking the halls as a sales representative?
The Maintenance Utility Hand is responsible for set up and operating automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation.
This position is part of the Production Operations and will be located in Cortland, NY.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Installing and maintaining motors, power circuits and control circuits
- Building control panels for systems and machines, working from schematics, layouts and Bills of Materials.
- Installing, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical control devices and instrumentation.
- Process piping, millwright, and construction/fabrication.
- Works safely in repairing and maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment to support manufacturing operations. This includes safe operation of electrical circuits, troubleshooting mechanical fixes and improvements as well as ensures preventative maintenance of equipment is being performed.
- Inspect and test mechanical and electrical systems and recommend fixes or replacement strategies appropriate to the situation.
- Repairs various types of equipment or machinery breakdowns, while at the same time possessing the ability to modify or recommend modifications to reduce or eliminate these same breakdowns.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of four years of professional hands-on experience including Programmable Logic Controls.
- Applicants who are interviewed will be required to take both an aptitude test and a hands-on test.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Troubleshooting skills for various systems and equipment.
- General welding (repair and modification work)
- Knowledge and application around machine fabrication and detailed knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
Pall Corporation, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether its a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.