Software Engineer Intern|
Wondering whats within Beckman Coulter? Take a closer look.
Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. At Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, we are building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. We are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and health care forward for more than 80 years. We are also invested in you! You have the opportunity to gain meaningful career experience, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful.
No matter where you look at Beckman Coulter, our shared purposehelping realize lifes potentialis in action. Our work helps improve millions of lives. We hope you see yourself here, too.
From day 1, you will join an Agile Scrum team responsible for the design and delivery of user workflows for our next generation immunoassay instrument. You will be helping develop real Features for our customers and solving problems with an impact to our products. If you thrive on a collaborative team in a fast-paced research and development environment read on!
In this role, you will have the following opportunities, but are not limited to:
- Participate on an Agile Scrum team, working as a team member and independently
- Refine Features, investigate Bugs and write code to deliver product solutions
- Collaborate on requirements, design options and root cause of failures with partners and teammates
- Give/Receive feedback in peer code inspections to ensure quality
- Produce documentation required for medical device regulatory clearance
- Work as part of a global development team
The essential requirements of the job include:
- At least three years into a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Biomedical Engineering with computational focus, or relevant engineering degree
- Experience with Java, C#, C++ or other object-oriented programming languages
- Ability to write code including basic design, test driven development, logic/flow, compiling and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of common object-oriented design patterns
It would be a plus if you also possess:
- Experience or familiarity with medical device development and regulations
- Worked with a modern version control system, such as GIT
- Provided a solution to a Stack Overflow question or annoyed roommates and friends with the rigorous application of the scientific process
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.