ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s New York City office, named to Crain’s New York Business 100 Best Places to Work in New York City, is seeking a Site / Civil Project Manager with 12+ years of land development experience in the private sector with New York City residential, commercial, and roadway infrastructure experience to join its growing Civil / Design practice in our New York City office. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic organization and become a member of a growing team while working on exciting assignments throughout New York City from initial scoping through design, permitting approvals, and construction documents for a wide range of civil engineering projects.
The successful applicant will be responsible for a full range of activities including client relations, writing proposals, design and construction support. These will include:
- Manage small, medium, and large design efforts, working within a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects within all boroughs of NYC and responsibility for monitoring and delivering the project financial performance
- Support preparation of design and permitting documents, particularly approvals related to NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) New Building (NB) Applications, to include Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Site Connection Applications, Builder’s Pavement Plans (BPP), Curb Cut Applications, Parks Department (DPR) Street Tree Approvals, Department of Transportation (DOT) Vault Approvals in rights-of-way, and Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Letter of No Objections for sidewalk and utility work within 200-feet of MTA infrastructure
- Prepare and review design drawings and specifications documenting the new building and associated site features, including the layout and material identification of surface features including vehicular access, parking, and site circulation; grading and drainage of the site and conformance with DEP detention requirements and allowable flow rates; utility layout; and erosion and sediment control
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues and overall schedule
- Supervise design team activities during construction administration and construction close-out
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills
- Excels working in a team environment
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- 11-15 years of site/civil engineering experience, specifically with private sector projects in NYC
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree required
- Licensed Professional Engineer in New York required, ability to obtain a New Jersey PE.
- Proficient in roadway design, site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- Experience with DOB New Building related approvals, DEP Amended Drainage Plans, Master Plans, Site Connection Applications, and NYCDOT BPPs
- Understanding of the NYCDEP, NYCDOT, NYCDPR, MTA, NYSDEC review processes
- CAD experience required (AutoCAD), GIS experience desired
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position located in New York City is $130,000-160,000. The final compensation will be based on a variety of factors such as individual qualifications, education and experience.
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.