ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s New York City office is looking for a Transportation Systems Manager in the Traffic/Transportation Department to join our growing team. VHB’s Traffic/Transportation group has earned a reputation as one of the City’s preeminent traffic engineering and transportation planning teams. This position provides an opportunity to be a leader in the group and play an important role in expanding and shaping the group. We are looking for someone with a blend of technical expertise, managerial skills, and innovative thinking.
We are seeking experience in the Transportation, State/Local Government, Real Estate, and/or Institutional Market Sectors. Successful candidates will have proven experience in winning and executing projects in both the public and private sectors within New York City. In addition to the responsibilities, skills, and qualifications noted below, the candidate must demonstrate an acumen for strategic thinking, business development, professional networking, have a proactive approach, and experience with developing and maintaining key client and teaming partner relationships.
- Assist the New York City and Northeast Leadership with strategy for the Transportation, Real Estate, State & Local Government, and Institutional market sectors
- Manage projects of varying sizes in both the public and private sectors
- Manage client relationships
- Manage staff, and provide technical and professional development of staff
- Monitor project financial performance
- Attend and lead meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
- Execute scope associated with transportation planning, operations and/or design for projects as necessary
- Participate in professional organizations that promote relationships with clients and teaming partners
- Develop new project opportunities, and prepare and manage proposal submissions
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage a multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Understanding of policy directives and their impact on the marketplace
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Excels working in a team environment
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Strong and collaborative work ethic
- BS in Civil/Transportation Engineering
- 15+ years of professional transportation engineering/planning experience including project management (at least 10 years of experience working in the NYC market)
- Professional (PE) license required
- Proven success in the transportation, state & local government, real estate, and/or institutional market sectors
- Substantial technical and project management experience
- Intimate knowledge of NYC CEQR Technical Manual procedures and familiarity with NYC and NYS regulatory processes
- Additional experience in New Jersey, Long Island or Lower Hudson Valley preferred
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position located in New York City is $162,000-200,000. The final compensation will be based on a variety of factors such as individual qualifications, education and experience.
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.