Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Long Beach, CA
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Manufacturing and Production, Medical, Environmental, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
Praxair Distribution, Inc. a Linde Company, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com
Praxair Distribution, Inc. a Linde Company, has an immediate opening for a dependable Truck Driver (CDL A) to join our team located in Long Beach, CA.
Praxair Truck Driver Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, vision and more)
- Retirement benefits
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, PTO)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Career growth opportunities
- Work/life balance (allows you to be home nights and weekends)
- $3,000 sign-on bonus ($1,500 payable after 6 months and $1,500 payable after 1 year)
Our Drivers are responsible for safely and efficiently operating a local route delivery vehicle to deliver hard goods, compressed gas cylinders and associated products to customer locations. This position is physically active (will be responsible for loading/unloading at client sites) and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. PDI Truck Drivers also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with company and DOT Guidelines.
Truck Driver (CDL A)
- Provide a high standard of Customer Service while delivering, which includes unloading of products and movement to customer use point and reloading the returned empty cylinders to the vehicle
- Driving represents approximately 30 % of the day, the remaining portion of the day includes delivery, cylinder handling, shipping orders/paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
- Accurately counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up
- Complete Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
- Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and PDI standards
- Conduct and report pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Identify need for vehicle repairs and/or maintenance and ensure it is accomplished on time
- Operate a variety of equipment
- Regularly interface with both internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
Our drivers can expect:
- Delivery to all types of Industrial, Service, Educational and Medical customers
- Using handheld computers for conducting customer transaction paperwork as well as compliance needs such as Hazmat preparation, vehicle inspection reports, load report, trip reports etc.
- Following a computer-generated Route and Sequence delivery plan
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2 years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair's
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past 2 years
- No alcohol related convictions within the last 10 years
- A current medical examiner’s certificate or the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Valid class A CDL is required
- Current Hazmat on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat within 60 days of hire
- Read and write in English
- High School G.E.D. is required
- 21 years or older
Don’t wait, fill out an application right from your phone today! DRIVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect,
supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global
talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental,
disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered
for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our employer showcase!