Manager, Development Science|
Wondering whats within Beckman Coulter Diagnostics? Take a closer look.
At first glance, youll see that for more than 80 years weve been dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and healthcare forward. Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. Were building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. Look again and youll see we are invested in you, providing the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful.
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, were working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the worlds biggest health challenges.
The Manager, Development Science for Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is responsible for leading and developing a team of R&D scientists tasked with new product development, sustainment and process improvement initiatives to support our immunoassay product portfolio. This is an opportunity to join a high-functioning, dynamic team at the forefront of delivering high impact IVD products to the health care system.
This position is part of Development Science and will be located in Chaska (Minneapolis), MN. We are pleased to offer a hybrid work environment where the team works remote about 2 days per week, depending on business needs.
You will be a part of the Immunoassay Reagent Development group and report to the Sr. Manager, Development Science responsible for leading a small team of scientists at various levels. If you thrive in a high-functioning matrixed environment and want to work to build a world-class R&D organizationread on.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop project goals for direct reports that meet business objectives
- Accountable to ensure project achievements are met, remove roadblocks to enable teams to meet project milestones
- Staff projects to ensure success while building talent within group
- Employ the Danaher Business System continuous improvement tools to enhance current development processes
- Collaborate within department and cross functionally to achieve business priorities
- Mentor direct reports in their growth and development plans; set impactful development objectives; provide stretch assignments to develop talent
- Provide training and guidance to newly recruited employees
- Champion for diversity and inclusion
The essential requirements of the job include:
- At least 2 years of experience leading people (direct reports) and high-performing teams
- Experience leading multidisciplinary projects within the in vitro diagnostic (IVD) field
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science or Technical field with 9+ years of experience or Advanced degree in Engineering, Science or Technical field with 7+ years of experience
- Ability to empower, inspire, and drive success through associates
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why well empower you to push the boundaries of whats possible.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.