Geomatics Project Surveyor – hybrid/remote
About the Position
The Geomatics Project Surveyor will be responsible for all aspects of a survey project regulated by a state’s laws and board of licensure rules, applying the laws and procedures relating to land ownership, boundaries, and titles when reviewing survey work.
Skills and Attributes
- Manages all aspects of survey work that includes boundary determination but is regulated by a state’s laws, rules, and regulations, resulting in boundary determination inclusive of field and office efforts.
- Researches historical maps, land records, previous survey results and land title information as needed to compare and verify current measurements and resolve questions of boundary lines.
- Creates reports and maps according to client or project requirements containing information from field measurements, boundary markers, and other physical features.
- Prepares two-dimensional maps and three-dimensional computer renderings of property features, such as boundary lines, existing structures, utility lines, and other physical features.
- Coordinates field crews and survey/CAD technicians including performing field checks and managing quality control.
- Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and VHB policies and procedures.
- 2+ years of experience as a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor
- High school diploma or GED required, Degree in Survey Engineering, Geomatics, Civil Engineering, or related field preferred
- Experience using industry standard software for data collection, processing, management, and drafting, including but not limited to AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, Trimble, and SurveyPro
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, surveyors, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
Our new Technology-enabled Geomatics team is at the forefront of VHB’s approach to solving our clients’ and communities’ most complex challenges. Geomatics, our spatial-centric services, includes terrestrial High-Definition Scanning (HDS), Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) aerial mapping with LiDAR, 3D modeling, mobile-based scanning, and much more.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.