Field Service Engineer - Greater Harrisburg Area - $3,000 Sign On Bonus|
$3,000 Sign On Bonus
Wondering whats within Beckman Coulter?
Take a closer look.
At first glance, youll see that for more than 80 years weve been dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and healthcare forward. Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. Were building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. Look again and youll see we are invested in you, providing the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful.
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, were working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the worlds biggest health challenges.
What you find at Beckman Coulter and within yourself might just change the world!
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics Field Service Engineers provide excellent customer service to clients while installing and maintaining diagnostic instrumentation and systems in hospital and stand-alone laboratory environments. As a Field Service Engineer (FSE) you will be the face of Beckman Coulter to customers and support them, directly impacting patient health and overall well-being.
As an FSE team member, you will be part of the Service Organization and report to the District Manager. You will provide frontline support by resolving customer(s) problems and issues through technical expertise and troubleshooting. You will drive service revenue sales targets while ensuring strong customer contract retention rate and warranty conversion, utilize critical thinking to resolve appropriate action to rapidly repair instrumentation, train our customers and verify the operational performance and data quality of systems in order to supply to our overall commercial organization.
Many FSEs operate independently within their geographic territory, however we operate as a team to share standard methodologies, mentor and receive experienced technical support. You will enjoy being home-based and will also be provided with a company car, iPhone and laptop. You will also travel within the region to support customers using your technical expertise with overnight required as needed.
Here is Alex's story https://app.altrulabs.com/play/video/vYK4CEizm6v3/Owjey9MNWb0G
If that story inspired you to thrive in afast-pacedrole and want to work to build a world-classserviceorganizationread on!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Under minimal direction, complete troubleshooting, installation, validation, preventative maintenance, modifications, and service repair needs on Beckman Coulter equipment.
- Train and assist newer Field Engineers.
- Provide excellent and efficient service to Beckman Coulters customers, along with technical training on products.
- Travel throughout the district territory, experiencing all the various places our instrumentation is utilized. This position services the chemistry and immunoassay groups and will be located in the Greater Harrisburg/Philadelphia area.
- Maintain customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and adhering to cycle times.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Associate degree (prefer technical, biomedical, instrumentation, electrical engineering or related) or equivalent military experience.
- 1+ year experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, robotics, and/or electronic equipment, in the laboratory, as a Field Service Engineer or Biomedical Engineer.
- Hold a current valid drivers license and good driving record over last three years is required. Associates who drive Beckman Coulter vehicles will follow the Danaher Company Vehicle Policy.
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs.
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other areas and overnight travel.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. This would be to include tools, replacement parts, consumables etc.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- 3 + years experience of advanced trouble shooting.
- Experience collaborating with internal team members and external customers.
Candidates will be hired as an Associate Field Service Engineer or Field Service Engineer based upon prior work experience and skill set.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why well empower you to push the boundaries of whats possible.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.