Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Greenville, NC United States
|| Information Technology
Instructional Technology Consultant|
East Carolina University
Instructional Technology Consultant
Vacancy #: 976138
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The mission of the college is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship and practice. The ECU, College of Nursing continuously strives to create a learning environment and workplace culture that provides opportunity, support, and consideration for all students, employees, alumni, and other stakeholders.
Technology is a significant tool/service at the ECU CON. It is integral to every aspect of the college’s mission, from the computers that our instructors, researchers and staff use, to the computer technologies used on our clinical/simulation labs
The College of Nursing is seeking applications for a highly motivated, full-time Instructional Technology Consultant. The primary purpose of the person in this position will be to utilize a variety of computer and/or advanced media-based technologies to plan, design, and support both classroom and DE curricula and/or programs/activities which are directly related to the institution’s academic mission.
• The person in this position will identify, augment, build, and support software that complements nursing educational activities and internal business functions. The person in this position will work collaboratively with the existing technology support team to provide technical support to CON faculty, staff, and students. This position reports to the ECU CON IT Director. The responsibilities of this position include:
• Focus on writing and multimedia development and implementation. Contribute expertise and guidance for technology projects with the College of Nursing. Design, plan, coordinate, and manage technology projects.
• Manage and update specialized software used by the College of Nursing. This software was written by the College of Nursing for use by the College of Nursing. The programs are utilized throughout the college. These programs include but are not limited to, Cilmanager, used by our simulation labs, an Electron App, used by Student Services for check in, and ConConsole, used to meet multiple needs for Student Services and Counseling, among other things. Development and upkeep of the College of Nursing’s website. Work with the College of Nursing’s communication officer to craft content and update both college as well as professional info located on the website.
• Participate with members of the College of Nursing technology team in testing, deploying, and configuring hardware and software employed in support of the college’s mission. Participate with members of the College of Nursing technology team in supporting faculty and staff technology deployment in activities related the college’s mission.
• Evaluate hardware/software equipment and systems related to the college’s mission. Research new technologies in relation to online course delivery, multimedia format and delivery, and special projects.
• College of Nursing IT Consultant is responsible for planning, writing, and implementing special projects for the College of Nursing. The person filling this role will need a background in programming and development. They will need to have experience and knowledge of current best practices for security and usability. This role is also responsible for upkeep of current software that is necessary to the operation of the College of Nursing. This software includes applications written by the College of Nursing for use in the College of Nursing. The College of Nursing will also need this role to help develop our East Carolina University regulated WordPress site. To do this the IT Consultant will work closely with the College of Nursing’s Communication Officer. As with all the IT roles at the College of Nursing our primary directive is facilitating the education of our Nursing students and helping to guarantee their success. To do this we work one on one with their faculty to give them the tools necessary for the job.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. For management roles, a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience is required.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and four years of programming and applications analysis is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), testing methodologies, testing practices, debugging, and documentation is also preferred.
• The ability to manage complicated and extensive applications which interface with multiple other administrative information systems and an advanced understanding of the concepts of web application security is desired.
• The desired candidate should possess knowledge of the principles and concepts behind project management and the ability to evaluate technologies with the intent of implementation.
• The ability to develop and enforce team policies, procedures, and standards is desired. Exceptional problem-solving skills, attention to detail, the ability to think clearly and accurately resolve processing problems under pressure, and the ability to communicate well in oral and written form is preferred.
• The desired candidate should be able to effectively work in a team environment and act in a leadership role, providing training and guidance to other team members.
Special Instructions to Applicant
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the following required applicant documents:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Letter of Interest
• List of Three References (noting contact information)
• Additionally, an original transcript of your highest degree is required upon hire. If the highest degree is not in nursing, please provide original of highest degree and original of highest degree in nursing.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #976138 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/51000