||Thermo Fisher Scientific
|| Healthcare, Other, Human Resources, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Director, of Direct Sales|
The Director of Sales is responsible for leading the organization for the Fisher Healthcare Inside Sales team. The candidate will ensure that we maintain a customer-centric culture and that strategic selling initiatives including annual revenue and profitability goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Support our team to achieve strategic objectives and annual goals including revenue, profitability, as well as employee and customer initiatives.
- Lead daily, monthly, quarterly and long-term sales metrics and forecasting processes for assigned teams.
- Standardize sales processes and develop strategies and employ tactics to improve margin rates and profitability.
- Maintain strong alignment with leadership and organization goals
- Recruit, develop and retain top talent, focusing on close collaboration with Sales Managers and Talent Acquisition to ensure strong pipeline to support Inside Sales recruitment needs
- Identify employee development opportunities, create and recommend solutions to address skill gaps and establish measures to improve overall team performance.
- Build strong internal-company relationships with key management personnel, both within HMD and partner divisions as appropriate.
- Proactively find opportunities and facilitate an innovative culture of continuous process improvement.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in business or science and/or equivalent experience.
- Candidates must have at least 12 years of progressive experience with at least 6 years of sales team leadership experience and a proven track record for leading successful teams.
- Ability to lead a large selling organization of at least 50 employees.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria
- Understanding of standard business practices related to sales operations processes and systems (sales cycle, sales methodology, CRM, territory management, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of the selling process.
- Knowledge of clinical diagnostics market segments, sales processes and industry specific products and market dynamics.
- Experience leading sales teams; proven experience working within a distribution model selling process.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with background in developing and summarizing complex information with a high comfort level presenting to senior management.
- Reflector style – able to learn from mistakes and always wants to achieve best possible performance.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with customers, peers, and upper management.
- Self-motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Role requires candidate to work from either our Atlanta, GA or Houston, TX offices
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of your time
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.