Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Miami, FL United States
Asst. Director, Graduate Recruitment & Programs|
Miami Herbert Business School (MHBS) is a comprehensive business school, offering undergraduate business, full-time MBA, Executive MBA, MS, PhD, and non-degree executive education programs. One of 12 colleges and schools at the University of Miami, the Business School is in a major hub of international trade and commerce and acclaimed for the global orientation and diversity of its faculty, students, and curriculum. The school delivers programs at its main campus in Coral Gables, Florida as well as at other locations across the state and abroad.
Miami Herbert Business School is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment and Programs. Under the guidance of the Director of Admissions, the incumbent will be responsible for representing the University of Miami Herbert Business School in all facets of recruiting, admissions, program management and engagement.
The Assistant Director, Graduate Recruitment and Programs provides administra tive support for the day-to-day recruitment, operational, financial, and marketing functions and facilitates the enrollment management of assigned program(s) within the Miami Herbert Business School graduate business programs department. The Assistant Director administers program resources to fulfill the programís mission in accordance with enrollment priorities, and time and budget requirements. The incumbent performs work of an administrative, managerial, and professional nature specifically in the management of waivers, admissions guidelines, and partnership with the Academic Directors for each incoming cohort. The Assistant Director also provides leadership for developing, implementing, and evaluating strategic plans to meet institutional goals related to the assigned program(s) and plays a strategic role in improving the enrollment process while also delivering insight that will help shape recruitment strategies.
Department Specific Functions:
1 . Creates a strong sense of team unity and engagement by building recruiter capability (business acumen, partnering and influencing skills).
2. Creates and executes a strong internal recruitment strategy to effectively achieve aggressive goals.
3. Thrives in an agile environment and thinks innovatively to evolve team and organization strategies.
4. Participates in and drives projects and initiatives to streamline processes & make a strong impact on the team and overall student experience.
5. Assists prospective students (via e-mail, phone, virtual information sessions, walk-ins, scheduled appointments and/or recruiting events) with inquiries and provide insights about our graduate business programs, which include: Full-Time MBA (including MBA dual-degree programs and an Accelerated MBA program), Professional and Executive MBA programs, and specialized masterís programs based in Miami.
6. Establishes best pra ctices to recruit prospective students in order to deliver high-quality Graduate level programs.
7. Assists the Managers, Assistant Directors, and Associate Directors with processing applications and coordinating the file review procedure as well as assist with student application processes, including interviewing and file evaluation.
8. Works with advising team to ensure successful transition of deposited graduate applicants.
9. Verifies application and enrollment statistics and monitor applicantsí data to ensure accuracy and consistency of information.
10. Interacts and works with Program Directors and Advisors as well as the Career Advancement Team to ensure superior customer service to prospects, applicants, enrolled students, and internal stakeholders.
11. Leads, supports, and attends admissions events for increased brand awareness and in support of delivering a best-in-class full student lifecycle.
< br /> 12. Provides assistance to the Graduate Admissions Team in the management of the prospect and applicant database (currently Salesforce). This includes updating of prospect and applicant data in the database and use of the database to effectively provide service to graduate business applicants.
13. Provides assistance to the Graduate Admissions Team in managing Student Ambassadors, who are essential in carrying out office duties. Assistance includes: scheduling office hours, training, and coordination of the master event schedule; ensuring assigned projects are being completed on time and within quality standards; analyzing the effectiveness of projects assigned to the Student Assistants.
14. Partners with MHBS international relations manager, executive education, development and alumni relations, university graduate school, and university partners to leverage program effectiveness.
15. Provides administrative assistance with travel reques ts, accounts payable, supplier relationships and other responsibilities associated with office management.
16. Other duties as assigned and required.
Department Specific Qualifications
∑ Bachelorís degree in a related field required
∑ Masterís degree (MBA) preferred
∑ A minimum 4 years of relevant experience
∑ A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
Proven success executing, motivating, and inspiring the team to achieve great results.
Strong recruiting experience with a strong track record of meeting and exceeding targets while staying focused on exceptional student experience.
Demonstrable entrepreneurial spirit, interpersonal skills and experience in relationship building.
Proven ability to thrive in an agile environment and think innovatively to evolve team and organization strategies.
Impeccable customer service skills and event coordination support.
Positive team-centered attitude with professional appearance and demeanor.
Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize work and meet competing deadlines
Excellent verbal/written communication and attention to detail.
Excellent follow through and follow up skills.
Strong computer database system experience and reporting, Salesforce experience preferred
Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Knowledge of business and management principles.
Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
Please visit our employer showcase!