ATTAIN LAB COORDINATOR: Multiple locations (New York State) - Binghamton, NY|
ATTAIN LAB COORDINATOR: Multiple locations (New York State)
Vacancies in NYC and Greater NY locations: Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Binghamton & Buffalo, NY
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is seeking several LTCs (Lab Technology Coordinators) for its ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training And Information Networking) program, a system of technology labs utilized to promote digital parity in New York State.
These positions are offered through the SUNY System Administration Sponsored Programs Office, an operating location of The Research Foundation of State University of New York, a private, nonprofit educational corporation supporting research, education and public service at the State University of New York. ATTAIN is a Statewide technology initiative funded by New York State and administered by the University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD) to provide urban and rural communities access to state-of-the-art technology. Through innovative technologies, ATTAIN provides underserved and underprepared community residents the opportunity to access academic, vocational, life skills and workplace readiness training, in coordination with local community-based host institutions. Each ATTAIN lab is a certified Microsoft IT Academy.
ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training and Information Networking) is a statewide technology initiative funded by New York State to provide urban and rural communities access to training and technology. ATTAIN provides access to academic, occupational, life skills and workplace readiness training in coordination with local community-based host agencies. We currently have vacancies in multiple locations: The Armory Foundation ATTAIN Lab and Henry Street ATTAIN Lab in Manhattan, NY; Elmcor ATTAIN Lab in Queens, NY and St. John's Place ATTAIN lab in Brooklyn, NY.
Reporting to the SUNY UCAWD ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator, the ATTAIN Lab Coordinator will provide on-site and remote coordination and facilitation of activities contained in the ATTAIN lab. These include participant intake, needs assessment, software navigation support, IT support training and overall lab management. In coordination with their local community-based host agency and ATTAIN project staff, this position will work to achieve the enrollment, usage and outcomes specified in their performance objectives and Program Year Plan (PYP).
- Proficient delivery of ATTAIN services and self-paced resources (e.g., Academic Preparation, Career and Technical Education, ESL and Language Learning), Microsoft Certification training resources and any additional online third-party resource(s)
- Conduct ATTAIN enrollment process and maintain participant records
- Determine participant Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) eligibility
- Facilitate remote and in person orientation and training to enrolled participants
- Proctor certification exams through ATTAIN's Certiport Authorized Testing Centers
- Create and maintain a clean, comfortable and orderly learning environment in the lab
- Report any technical issues and their resolutions to UCAWD and site liaison
- Maintain participant records utilizing ATTAIN's Learning Management System and third party courseware accounts
- Conduct remote and in person social media outreach and promotional activities as approved by UCAWD and site liaison
- Provide participant self-paced learning assistance and any navigational or technical support remotely or in person
- Support and track participant self-paced learning performance and outcomes
- Submit monthly status reports, and maintain regular communication with UCAWD supervisor and site liaison
- Maintain an up-to-date monthly lab calendar
- Ensure policies and procedures of the host institution and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York are followed
- Other duties as assigned
Other Information: This position requires some evening and weekend hours (as applicable) and some local travel as directed by supervisor.
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in self-paced, online learning platforms and/or Learning Management Systems. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience managing enrollment accounts and intake processes using an online management system
- Experience with computer software applications
- Ability to troubleshoot IT productivity software, applications and services
- Experience working with underserved/underprepared populations
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to promote professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related discipline strongly preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Two or more years' experience working with adult populations (training, advising and/or mentoring)
- Experience working with TANF recipients
- Experience in community outreach
- Microsoft certifications
Physical Demands: May require long periods of monitoring computer lab and/or performing online/remote support. May be required on occasion to troubleshoot technology issues onsite or remote. Must be able to physically move ATTAIN Lab equipment or furniture on occasion.
$47,500 (Annual Salary for Greater New York)
$50,000 (Annual Salary for New York City)
Location details and the complete listing for the position, available at the Research Foundation link below:
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered unless specifically stated otherwise. If you are interested or if you know someone who might be interested please send a resume with a cover letter.
These positions are offered through the SUNY System Administration Sponsored Programs Office, an operating location of The Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, non-profit corporation.
The Research Foundation for SUNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer including females, minorities, disabled and veterans.