Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Thermo Fisher Scientific
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Sales, Research & Development
Financial Analyst, PSG Commercial|
What You Will Do?
The Financial Analyst will be a critical member of the PSG Commercial Finance team, working closely with the Director of Commercial Finance, and will be a strategic business partner to Commercial and Marketing Vice Presidents in managing the operating spend within their organization. A problem-solving mindset will be required to develop and improve processes that are scalable in a fast-growing business. This role will provide accurate and timely reporting of financial performance and business drivers and will develop analytics to support the business strategies of leadership. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity for career development and growth while supporting a growing and dynamic business.
- Business Partnership
- Direct business partnering with high level of exposure to Commercial and Marketing VPs
- Elevate the level of financial analysis and prepare, analyze, and present financials during reviews. Be a key partner to work across a matrix environment to drive clarity on results and problem solving.
- Drive expense and headcount AOP process for the Commercial and Marketing teams
- Work closely with key business partners to identify and mitigate issues impeding the achievement of business goals
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Assist Director and Sr. Financial Analyst with all key monthly, quarterly, and annual planning deliverables
- Manage forecast and monthly reporting of $60M+ OPEX budget across Commercial and Marketing functions using Hyperion/PLN
- Partner closely with Accounting to manage month end accruals and reclasses as needed
- Prepare accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate business results, variances, and performance trends
- Support preparation of monthly and quarterly business review presentations including consolidations, variance analysis, and insights on trends
- Support the Annual Planning process through calendar development, forecast model preparation and analysis, and system loads
- Support ad-hoc internal, group, and corporate requests as needed
- Business Analytics and Process Optimization
- Develop Commercial analytics from client tools to identify trends and insights driving the business performance and forecast
- Develop processes that are scalable and effective in meeting the evolving needs of a fast growing organization. Drive standardized and automated reporting, developing productivity solutions to increase support of business partners
- Streamline existing and introduce enhanced reporting and analysis solutions that leverage complex data sources derived from multiple internal systems; identify, communicate and recommend/implement corrective actions
- Provide support for system projects and implementations
How you’ll Get Here:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2 + years of direct experience in financial analysis, reporting, and accounting leadership within a large, matrixed organization; prior experience in an FP&A role
- Excel expertise with advanced knowledge of pivots, charts, and formulas; strong financial modeling skills
- Strong systems and analytic capabilities, and a bias for implementing process improvements; Advanced knowledge and experience in the financial reporting systems – Hyperion Planning, CMR
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail; ability to step back and analyze the overall business impact
- Willingness to dig into details and analyze variances and trends Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge strong professional relationships with peers, and upper management
- Self-motivated with a bias for action
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with all levels of management
Characteristics, Skills and Abilities:
- Intellectual curiosity, versatility, adaptability.
- Proven track record to deliver exceptional results, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines while delivering consistent, accurate and reliable work.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated focus on being able to translate data and metrics into predictable, value-added business insight
- Desire to formulate and drive process improvements, challenging the status quo.
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization, and can operate effectively in a matrixed reporting structure
- Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and business professionals.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement)
Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Please visit our employer showcase!