Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $42 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving sophisticated analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or growing efficiency in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our distributed team of more than 120,000 colleagues delivers an outstanding combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Are you a problem solver? Do you love challenges and enjoy creativity? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pricing Director to join the BioSciences Division (BID) team! This leadership role is at the Division level building and guiding a diverse team of analysts that drive the deployment of outstanding pricing methods and analytics.
The role will report to the Senior Director, Commercial Finance and has responsibility for the pricing processes across various dimensions of BID influencing all pricing decisions in coordination with Commercial, Product Management, Marketing, General Management, and Sales Operations leaders. In addition, this leader will delivery and execution of price in all commercial regions globally. We will drive decisions by providing each of the BID product lines with the information to set pricing guidance and translate this guidance into pricing execution and ultimately price realization globally.
We are a team with global responsibility. We turn data to insights. We influence a wide array of partners with our diverse and creative team of analysts. We strive to make a difference! This position can be located at our site in Carlsbad, CA, Pittsburgh, PA or Waltham, MA.
This a new position for BID and is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to establish a team and make a significant impact on the success of the BID business!
BID is a matrix organization with regional uniqueness. This leader will need to be able to work efficiently with other Thermo Fisher pricing teams (LSG/GSP) as well as regional and country leaders to develop and cascade the optimal pricing goals.
A strong candidate will demonstrate strategic thought leadership in developing new quantitative and qualitative pricing approaches using statistical techniques and data science to exceed pricing goals. Use and design novel frameworks to build and convey thoughts on projects with their team and business partners and target additional areas of opportunity.
They will drive a culture of pricing excellence by communicating opportunities for improvement with division and regional leadership while driving actions to achieve these pricing goals. It will be critical that this team member own the development of the pricing strategy and the execution in all regions.
In addition, the role will work closely with and matrix into our companywide Global Strategic Pricing team. For this role it is important to deliver above and beyond our business partners' expectations and demonstrate the ability to cultivate collaborative relationships with partners.
- Provide subject matter expertise on pricing strategy and execution, working closely with business partners within Finance, Sales, Product Management, and Marketing on pricing decisions, opportunities, and impact of price moves on customer volume
- Analyze promotion and discounting effectiveness, generate insights around patterns, trends, and price/volume tradeoffs, and make recommendations to amplify promotion impact to drive significant Share Gain and Market Penetration for business
- Focus the team around developing and enhancing data-driven pricing tools; Use Power BI to effectively visualize data and deliver business insights
- Drive monthly pricing analysis and report-out to BU’s and Regions, highlighting market trends and actionable insights
- Drive team to produce data analysis for business around customer, product, and market dynamics
- Facilitate the annual price roll process, synthesize processes and work to gain agreement across organization both functionally and regionally
- Bachelor’s in business, finance, scientific field, mathematics, operations, or any related field. An advanced degree in business or a technical field is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Have an expert understanding of SQL Server, working in large data sets, Excel, and other quantitative methods and are familiar with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc or have an aptitude for coding (R, Python, or any relational databases).
- Exhibit a passion for understanding pricing strategies and execution methodologies
- Oriented, organized, and able to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communicate clearly, present eloquently, and can explain just about anything to anyone.
- Motivated and driven to make an impact. You take the initiative on new challenges.
- Love to work cross-functionally and across geographic boundaries (up to 20% travel) to effectively influence and partner.
- Have experience working in a matrixed environment to drive impact
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.