Clinical Sales Consultant - Remote /Field|
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Help us make a difference in the lives of patients with asthma and food allergies. Despite advances in medicine, our patients and healthcare providers are still facing the following challenges:
- Approximately 25 million Americans have asthma, and on average, ten Americans die from asthma each day. Black Americans are nearly three times more likely to die from asthma than white Americans.1,2
- Among children ages 5 to 17, asthma is one of the top causes of missed school days and accounts for more than 13.8 million missed school days a year.3
- Approximately 32 million people in the United States have food allergies, and on average, five Americans die each day from anaphylaxis 4
- Today nearly one in 13 children, or roughly two in every classroom, have food allergies5, and food allergy prevalence among children is rising. Pediatric hospitalizations for food allergy tripled between the late 1990s and the mid-2000s. 6
We believe that patients deserve more. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific's ImmunoDiagnostics Division (IDD) develops, manufactures, and markets a simple allergy blood test to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma, and autoimmune diseases. With 1,900 employees worldwide, IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
Job Location: Field / Remote Thousand Oaks, CA
What will you do?
As a Clinical Sales Consultant, your responsibility is to educate and sell healthcare providers in your sales territory on the value of blood allergy testing for appropriate patients with allergy symptoms. Daily you will either in face-to-face or virtual settings:
- Be responsible for owning your territory, including target identification, account planning, plan execution, and delivering sales results based on established sales goals
- Educate primary care and pediatric HCPs, and Specialists where appropriate, on the benefit of clinical insights derived from diagnostic blood allergy testing for improved patient management.
- Train medical office staff on properly ordering, interpreting, and leveraging test results to improve patient outcomes
- Master and maintain strong product and disease state knowledge that makes you a trusted advisor in our customers' eyes.
- Collaborate with reference laboratory counterparts to identify key targets and secure appointments with offices for product presentations.
- Meet regional and organizational goals with exceptional time management skills and integrity.
- Promote teamwork to achieve regional growth and sales targets
- Use Salesforce.com to accurately track sales activity and update account and opportunity information, as appropriate.
- Participate in district meetings for training purposes, product information updates, and sharing field intelligence information.
- Live up to your true potential.
Experience, Skills & Abilities Preferred Key Competencies:
1. Drives Results: Consistently achieving sales results even under challenging circumstances.
2. Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. Face-to-face or virtually.
3. Action-Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
4. Plans & Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
5. Communicates Effectively: Developing and conveying clear communications that understand the unique needs of different audiences (ex. speaking to a pediatric provider vs. an allergist)
6. Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Goal and results-oriented
- Coachable with a willingness to learn, take direction, and win.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience with business software applications (MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and virtual communication tools (Webex, MS Teams, etc)
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time throughout assigned territory in Thousand Oaks, CA, sometimes requiring overnight stays for team meetings
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
- Track record of success in medical sales, B2B sales, or military service
- Knowledge of/exposure to primary care or pediatric market
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM solutions