Sr. Director, E&PS Strategic Projects Delivery - Large Molecule Drug Substance Program|
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for the Sr. Director, E&PS Strategic Projects Delivery Large Molecule Drug Substance (LM DS) Program. This position can be located in the U.S. (East coast region is preferred). Relocation can be included, if necessary.
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. As the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At Engineering & Property Services (E&PS), we take care of all J&J buildings around the world providing end to end services from Real Estate, Engineering & Strategic Project Delivery to Facilities Management. We have a profound influence on the entire J&J Enterprise, providing innovative workplaces where our employees can collaborate and grow, and deliver flexible site solutions which enable our business to best serve our important customers and patients.
The vision of the E&PS Project Delivery team is to connect our business partners with cutting edge Project Delivery capabilities which are uniquely suited to meet their business objectives and challenges. The Project Delivery team enables our partners to deliver maximum business impacts with confidence, transparency, and speed. We will do this by embracing an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, relentlessly seeking best practices and technologies from within the J&J community and across the external environment and the industry. We will strive to implement and institutionalize these capabilities by becoming strategic business partners and trusted advisors for our E&PS and J&J Enterprise partners, including Supply Chain, Commercial and R&D.
This Senior Director (SD) Strategic Projects Delivery will partner with E&PS and segment leaders to deliver high visibility capital programs critical for business growth. The LM DS site will deliver on our pursuit to the advancement of profoundly changing the trajectory of health for humanity by manufacturing new and existing products in our oncology and immunology therapeutic areas portfolio. This Executive provides end-to-end leadership to assure these programs are organized leveraging industry best practices and are executed using J&J-specific project delivery processes, including IDEA (Ideation-Definition, Execution-Assessment) and FPX (Flawless Project Execution). The Senior Director will work across E&PS functions, including Facilities, Real Estate & Project Delivery, and will partner with internal customers to align on investment priorities, support business case development, and manage performance against defined objectives and outcomes.
This Executive is a seasoned, recognized leader proficient in the planning, design, construction, start-up and commissioning of large capital programs. In pursuit of this vision, the SD will lead project teams in making and documenting project assessments, analysis, and decisions during initial stages of the program. This includes the development of the contract strategy - in alignment with J&J Legal, Risk Management and Procurement – as well as the development of: a construction safety strategy, the approach to owner/contractor negotiations, project metrics (cost, schedule, etc.) and framework for contingency utilization.
Due to the global span and complexity of facilities across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the leader in this role will leverage J&J knowledge networks and technical experience to identify and mitigate end-to-end program risks specifically when executing complex construction-related activities within operating manufacturing sites, warehouses or distribution centers, office buildings and laboratories.
- Partners with the Strategic Project Delivery organization and PD COE to provide leadership on Front End Loading for any major strategic capital investment initiative by obtaining agreement on program and / or project definitions, scope, and priorities. Ensures that adequate and required resources, capabilities and processes are in place. Presents plans to approach strategic programs and / or projects to senior management stakeholders. Assembles and coordinates project teams and manages project resource allocation.
- Partners with the PD Center of Excellence to ensure IDEA and FPX processes and tools are properly followed and that metrics for Engineering and Project Management are met, and plans are in place to provide continuous improvement through the adoption of best practices on Design, Construction Management & Quality, Safety and C&Q. Ensures collaboration across other functional areas, establishing effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Partners with Project Portfolio Lead, Projects Controls Lead, and Project Managers to assess, as needed, project status, budget, schedules, TDI (Team Development Index); conducts formal project evaluations and develops action plans.
- Partners with the Engineering & Design team to provide leadership and direction on the design of major capital and strategic projects and ensures standard design platforms are implemented whenever applicable.
- Partners with the Global Project Controls team to track project deliverables using appropriate tools. Monitors and reports progress of the project to all stakeholders, provides status reports defining project progress, problems, risks, and solutions. Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Provides leadership, direction, and support to large strategic critical programs team(s) to ensure they stay on plan. This includes resolving resource conflicts, removing obstacles, enabling collaboration and promoting effective communications.
- Engages senior leadership, as needed, to address program conflicts, confirm / clarify executive expectations, and / or align on strategic direction of the program.
- Develops personal and team objectives that support the overall goals and aspirations of the company.
- Complies with all training requirements to perform duties of the job. Meets all mobility demands to perform duties and / or fulfill responsibilities of the job.
- As a Senior Leader in the E&PS Regional and Project Delivery organization, collaborates in establishing plans for talent development, the advancement of the professional development of the team (across groups), and role models the advancement of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within the team.
- 50-60% travel is typical with increased travel possible during peak periods of the programs / projects.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, with preference in Engineering, Architecture and Design or Construction Management from an accredited institution
- FPX or PMP Certification is preferred
- Minimum 15 years of relative business experience and project delivery is required including all aspects of Design, Construction Management, Project Controls, Project Portfolio Management, Commissioning, Qualification and Operations Readiness
- Significant experience leading project delivery professionals in collaborative relationships in Supply Chain, Commercial and R&D organizations is needed
- Strong project delivery track record and global experience related to Supply Chain, Commercial and R&D facilities would be a plus, preferably related to healthcare or similarly regulated industries
- Relevant experience in capital and construction projects lifecycle including business case development, ideation, solutioning development and evaluation, design, execution, construction management, quality and safety, C&Q, operations readiness, startup; experience in technology transfers is a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience of a diverse operations, engineering and/or project delivery organization is required
- Solid understanding of project controls and reporting, along with Front-End Loading Best Practices is preferred
- Strong knowledge of cGMP’s, Regulatory, and applicability to facility design and start up is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously and to collaborate in a matrix, team-oriented environment
- Exceptional and demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to lead and influence teams, solid understanding of project controls and reporting, strong project delivery track record
- Experience leading diverse, multicultural teams globally is preferred
- Strong communication and influencing skills; credible, self-confident, and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with key business leaders
- Strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner
- Understanding of J&J IDEA Process is an asset
- Experience in tracking technology and industry trends is preferred
- Strong business acumen and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills proficient at creating partnerships with associates at all levels, functions, and cultures across our global enterprise
- Strong written and oral English language communication skills is required
- Ability to travel 50% domestically and internationally is required
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-One Johnson & Johnson Plaza
Johnson & Johnson (6067)