Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York City, NY United States
|| Financial Services, Insurance, Executive Management
VP Strategy & Innovation|
Athene is building a Strategy & Innovation team to help unlock the next wave of growth of the business. Athene is recognized for rethinking the retirement services industry and rapidly building and scaling a new leader in the industry. Athene was founded in 2009 with backing by Apollo Global Management, and recently fully merged into Apollo. This creates additional opportunities for innovation by leveraging capabilities across Athene and Apollo.
Athene is looking for a VP of Strategy & Innovation to drive our strategic focus on the highest value opportunities, and lead innovation initiatives from product design to technology improvement to launching new channels and markets. This individual will contribute to further differentiating Athene in the market and providing unique value to our customers.
At Athene, we’re obsessed with finding better, smarter ways to deliver for our customers, partners and investors. This team will be gamechangers at a fast-growing innovator that’s never satisfied with the status quo.
Key deliverables include:
- Shape Athene corporate strategy, and drive executive alignment on the highest potential opportunities
- Develop strategies in areas of product development, new channel and market entry, new technologies, and data science
- Work with FinTech/InsureTech innovators to collaborate to bring innovative approaches to market
- Link strategy to execution, working collaboratively with functional teams across the business and delivering financial and operational objectives
- Champion and lead fast iteration, customer insight development, and experimentation approaches
- Recruit, develop, and retain a high-performance team, including creating a pipeline of diverse, strategic talent to be moved across the company after spending time in the Strategy & Innovation team
Qualifications & Requirements
- MBA and 6+ years of management consulting and/or strategic project management experience preferred, OR bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of management consulting and strategic project management experience
- 4+ years of insurance, asset management, and/or retirement services experience
- Highly motivated, creative, and focused strategist, with exceptional analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills including recruiting, developing, and managing teams in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to act as an effective and empathetic change agent within fast-moving organization, and influence without direct authority
- Experience managing large scale projects, balancing multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with all levels of audiences
At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.