Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||DALLAS, TX United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Market Development Manager|
Under the direction of the Director of In-Kind Giving, the Market Development Manager will procure donations to ensure ReStore strategies align and integrate with Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity mission statement. This position will utilize electronic media, internet tools and responsible for lead generations to solicit donations with the expectation to bring in $1MM in receipts in first year sales. Collaboration with the Gift In-Kind Donations team and ReStore Managers is key to meeting target goals
This job description is only a summary and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. This document is subject to change at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Executes sales strategy in assigned territory working with GIK Team to solicit and obtain.
2. $1MM + in receipts and contribute to over-all sales value in the first-year sales.
3. Assures donations alignment and integration of the mission of Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity.
4. Makes in person cold calls to potential corporate donors and develops donation opportunities.
5. Develops and maintains a list of potential donors and makes periodic contact through phone calls, emails, and in person meetings, in accordance with scorecard standards.
6. Obtain lists of potential donors through internet tools and electronic media to market potential donors.
7. Develops and maintains a weekly tracking system of donations obtained and enters all information into Sales Force.
8. Complies with DAHFH and ReStore policies and procedures.
9. Responsible for maintaining relationships with donors through thank you letter, charitable gift forms, and regular follow up.
10. Utilize on-line tools and marketplaces to facilitate sales of large quantity or unique items.
11. Coordinate with Donations Coordinator in entering pickups in Thrift cart accurately and timely.
12. Maintain landing page info accurately and timely.
13. Responsible for coordinating with store managers the initial pricing of received donated goods and maintaining consistency of pricing from store to store.
14. Coordinate with store management and sales support associate to ensure accurate receipt of donated goods.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualifications and Skills Required (Minimum):
Understanding of and passion for the ideals and mission of Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity
Self-starter, strong initiative, ability to work with limited supervision
Strong people skills: proven ability to motivate others
Must be persistent and possess the ability to accept turndowns
Must have excellent organizational skills, computer literate, detailed oriented, and proficient in MS Office
Must have reliable transportation
Education and/or Experience Required (Minimum):
High School Diploma
Bachelors degree and/or equivalent combined of education and experience preferred.
General Marketing/Sales background is preferred
Retail store management and outside sales/ donation experience a plus.
Ability to understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate.
Ability to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
Ability to describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to read and write in Standard English.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
Ability to interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
Ability to listen perceptively and convey awareness.
Ability to interact diplomatically with the public in a continuous public contact setting.
Ability to work as part of a team and in a team environment.
Ability to maintain level-headedness in the face of resistance and contrary opinions.
Generally, works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is not exposed to any adverse environmental conditions.
Physical Activity & Requirements:
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. This is a sedentary position, however, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, grasp, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 10pds . Hearing, talking and vision abilities required by this job include perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, expressing or exchanging ideas be means of the spoken word and close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
|Contact Name:||Donisha Santiago|
Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity transforms neighborhoods by engaging families and community partners in creating affordable housing.
Since incorporation in 1986, Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity and its contributors have served over 1,600 families and served as a catalyst for the revitalization of more than 25 communities. Our dream is not to simply build one home at a time, but to transform and nurture communities where our success is only limited by our ability to dream and imagine.
Each year we partner with hardworking families and the community to build 70+ homes, making Dallas Habitat the largest nonprofit homebuilder and the largest single family residential homebuilder overall in the City of Dallas for 3 years running.
Dallas Habitat has adopted a strategic vision of transforming neighborhoods throughout the most impoverished communities in Dallas County. This vision, which we call, Dream Dallas is one of holistic revitalization in partnership with the Federal government, Dallas County, the City of Dallas, faith-based organizations, other non-profits, and private investors.
Please visit our employer showcase!