Director, Inpatient Coding PSJH *Telecommute*|
Director, Inpatient Coding PSJH - Him Coding Psms at Revenue Cycle Business Services (Telecommute)
Revenue Cycle Shared Services reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence St. Joseph Health in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon, California, Texas, and New Mexico. Revenue Cycle's objective is to ensure our core strategy, Committed to Excellence, is enhanced along with the overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by delivering a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
The Director, Inpatient Coding is responsible for developing, operationalizing, and monitoring best practice inpatient coding teams and processes throughout the Providence health system, including affiliates, leading to the compliant, and timely coding of inpatient encounters for use in claim submission, and regulatory, quality, and population health reporting to support the delivery of safe and effective patient care.
This leader, in collaboration with the Executive Director, Coding, manages the planning and operational direction of inpatient coding for the system. This leader, in collaboration with direct-report managers, is responsible for the coordination and administration of the inpatient coding function ensuring organizational performance is in alignment with the short term and long-term coding goals of the Providence health system.
- Provides overall management and oversight of inpatient coding, abstracting functions
- Provides management and oversight of the development of standardized policies, procedures, and practices related to inpatient coding and abstracting across all regions
- Develops and monitors overall compliance to inpatient coding related KPIs and other metrics
- Manages and provides oversight of inpatient coding managers
- Coordinates all inpatient coding-related Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) functions
- Provides inpatient coding expertise and direction to other departments, medical staff and other providers to improve clinical documentation as guided by official coding guidelines
- Works closely with the Director, Coding Quality & Education and Compliance to ensure a high-level of coding accuracy, and compliance with official coding and regulatory guidelines
- Works closely with the Senior Manager, Coding Support to ensure a high-level of claim and coding data throughput
- Manages the proficient utilization of coding technology and use of common tools including encoders, groupers, computer assisted coding and other systems related to coding /abstracting
- Develops and monitors metrics related to coding productivity and quality
- Leads projects which include: financial and quality analysis, problem solving, and team collaboration
- Leads inpatient coding integration activities
- Communicate ideas or positions in a persuasive manner that builds support, agreement, or commitment
- Establishes strong relationships with external stakeholders such as CDI, Risk/Integrity/Compliance, Quality, Providers, Revenue Integrity, Payer-yield, Information Services, and other departments within the organization
- Bachelor's Degree/AHIMA accredited HIM program or other healthcare related field of study. Or equivalent educ/experience
- Registered Health Information Administrator or Registered Health Information Technician
- Certified Coding Specialist
- 7 years Management/supervisory role in overseeing coding operations and teams in an acute care environment.
- 10 or more years extensive background in ICD-10-CM coding and official hospital coding guidelines.
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
About the department you will serve.
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska to California. ORCs objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits see our website for details http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of Know me, care for me, ease my way. Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, well walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: 102851
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Coding
Job Function: Revenue Cycle
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Leadership
Department: 4001 SS RC CODING NWR
Address: WA Renton 1801 Lind Ave SW
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.