Executive Director IS Business Strategy|
The Executive Director of Business Strategy oversees the business planning efforts within Enterprise Business Applications. Serves as an operational change leader, working directly with executives and caregivers across the Enterprise Business Applications (EBA) organization. The Executive Director will act as leader on complex and highly visible operational projects and will identify opportunities to reduce cost and optimize the caregiver experience. This role is accountable for developing and managing activity that creates both short and long-term financial value for PSJH. The leader will act strategically and operationally, with an astute customer orientation. Data-driven, customer-first, decision-maker who will play a vital role in defining the optimal process, technologies and experiences to drive results. The main focus areas for this role will be strategic planning, capital and operational budget management and business management.
The successful candidate for this position will partner with executive management to review our current business operations processes and make recommendations to improve efficiency, enhance customer service and reduce company costs and positively impact caregiver experience.
Serves as a key member of the leadership team and contributes broadly at the executive level, educates and works collaboratively with all members of the leadership team in order to facilitate informed and transparent Enterprise Business Applications department decisions.
- Analyze complex business problems, operational scenarios, and related financial implications; complete financial models for operations and identify areas of opportunity; develop executive-level proposals that enable senior leadership to make informed business decisions.
- Create a vision for department that supports and enables the achievement of Providence St. Joseph Healths strategic direction.
- Mentors, develops, recruits and retains a dynamic, mission driven, highly qualified, proactive and service oriented team, fosters an environment that promotes professional growth and staff development through effective leadership and education.
- Assessment activities which includes identifying, assessing, designing, implementing, and value capture of opportunities from across the Providence St. Joseph infrastructure.
- Oversee design, development, and implementation of improved organizational processes, policies, workflows, job structures, and organizational systems.
- Manage overall business operations for Enterprise Business Applications to ensure financial and operational commitments are met. This includes capital and operating budget development and forecasting, workforce management, and the overall operating rhythm. Ensure key deliverables are met: strategic plan for Enterprise Business Applications, capital plan, routine metric reporting, workforce planning, caregiver engagement planning and other core department objectives are planned and executed for.
- Develop an overall capital plan for Enterprise Business Applications. Develop standard process for allocation of capital and ongoing management of capital.
- Provide regular report-outs to executive leadership team on project progress and process results. Develop and produce complex ad hoc and automated departmental reports and spreadsheets to include but not limited to project or product strategy analysis, profitability, historical reporting, work flow analysis, and financial analysis.
- Operate as a liaison between Enterprise Business Applications (EBA) and other IS pillars to ensure alignment on cross-pillar related operational initiatives through planning, communication, and coordination.
- Plan and implement EBA meetings and communications (e.g., leads meetings, all hands, newsletters, ad-hoc communications) to support the alignment of the pillars strategies against the tactical planning, and to inform pillar and IS / broader organization updates.
- Collaborate with EBA leads to forecast and track contracts (statement of work, change orders) with vendors.
- Performs team assessments and evaluations.
- Travel as required.
Required experience/education for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Marketing, Business Administration
- 10 or more years of experience in Technology, Information systems, IT or Business planning roles
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Contract knowledge
- Financial accounting, budgeting and cost analysis
- Project planning and very strong organizational skills
- Skilled in developing PowerPoint presentations that effectively communicate ideas using graphs, charts, and other illustrative methods
- IT knowledge and proficiency.
Preferred experience/education for this position include:
- ITIL Foundations Certificate
- Master's Degree in Information Systems or Business Management
- 8 years of experience in a leadership role with direct reports owning planning and technical operations teams.
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of Know me, care for me, ease my way. Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, well walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: 105883
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Operations & Support
Job Function: Information Technology
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Leadership
Department: 4011 SS IS EBA DP 5
Address: WA Renton 2001 Lind Ave SW
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.