ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s Hauppauge, NY office is seeking an experienced Highway Design Engineer to support our growing transportation practice.
- Producing and delivering transportation projects from study through the construction administration phase
- Pre-design project planning
- Design of highways and roads including development of geometric layout, grading and drainage
- Managing the development of technical design and specification documents
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Traffic signal design and maintenance and protection of traffic
- MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Open Roads and/or Civil3D
- Stormwater analysis
- Final Design Plan Development
- BS in Civil Engineering required (Masters be substituted for 2 years’ experience)
- 3-5+ years professional transportation engineering experience
- Experience with/exposure to NYSDOT and municipal roadway improvement projects is preferred
- EIT preferred
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.