We are looking for a highly innovative and passionate Firmware Architect to join our firmware team for developing embedded system firmware of UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) and IoT devices.
What will you do?
- Own/Define embedded firmware roadmap.
- Define and guide firmware development and release.
- Develop firmware specification from requirements.
- Provide high level firmware design, define the roles of each subsystem.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to the firmware team.
- Approve low level designs and review of firmware implementation.
- Participate the design and product review meetings with stake holders.
- Build relationship with outside vendors and consultants and ensure ecosystem alignment with SE product roadmap.
- Collaborate with other oversease professionals
What qualifications will make you successful?
- BS/MS degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong embedded C or C++ skills. Embedded Linux skills are a plus.
- Familiar with version control systems - Subversion, Git.
- Familiar with Python script language.
- Familiar with data structures and design patterns for writing high quality code.
- Familiar with firmware development of analog/digital power control (DC/DC, AC/DC, DC/AC).
- Good knowledge of embedded Linux distribution Yocto is preferred.
- Experience in developing IoT devices using wireless product using Etherenet, wireless protocols (e.g., Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, LoRa...).
- Experience in conducting firmware code review and using software static analysis tools (e.g., Klocwork).
- Excellent communication and articulation skills.
What's in it for me?
- Fulfill the vacancy of firmware engineer which is responsible for the design of UPS or IoT devices.
Who will you report to?
VP, Transactional & Edge LOB
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.