What will you do?
This position is responsible for the effective utilization of materials, equipment and systems in the assembly of simple to moderately complex mechanical products. This position is responsible for the first operation of the Switchboard line and is responsible for taking raw material (sheet metal) and forming/assembling cabinetry.
RESPONSIBILITY (Equipment or Process, Material or Product, Safety of Others, Work of Others)
- Read and understand simple to moderately complex blueprints, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, and schematics.
- Assembles medium sized to very large parts.
- Takes raw material and builds the cabinetry unit structure.
- Performs basic to moderately complex troubleshooting, which may include quality issues, engineering issues or materials issues.
- Continuously lifts parts weighing up to 26 pounds, using alternative methods of lifting weight if beyond 26 pounds. (Includes overhead crane, lift devices, etc.)
- Utilizes a wide variety of hand tools, air tools, and measuring equipment.
- Utilizes computer system for clocking start and finish of job, pulling prints, pulling BOM’s and job specifications.
- Responsible for own product quality, proper measuring techniques, and tool use and care.
- Evaluates and performs basic troubleshooting, and obtains support from supervision, and engineering as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements.
JOB CONDITIONS (Working Conditions, Hazards)
- Safety shoes and safety glasses are required.
- Work is performed in an Assembly line environment in a manufacturing plant.
- Noise level is within normal and acceptable standards for environment.
- Proper use of various hand tools and cutting tools required.
- Improper use of sheet metal handling can result in cuts and muscle strains.
What qualifications will make you successful?
SKILL (Education, Experience, Initiative and Ingenuity):
- High School Education or GED required.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and BOM’s.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Experience with basic hand tools, air tools, gages and torque wrenches
- 1-2 years mechanical assembly experience.
- Experience with basic hand tools, air tools, gages and torque wrenches.
- Prefer computer literacy.
EFFORT (Physical Demand, Mental or Visual Demand)
- Must have excellent natural or corrected vision.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Job cannot be performed alternating sitting and standing.
- Ability to perform continuous repetitive motions with hands and arms.
- Requires ability to reach overhead, pull, push, and bend to perform work.
What's in it for me?
- (add additional benefits specific to job here)
Who will you report to?
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.