What will you do?
The Process Operator tends machinery and equipment that rivets, installs working parts, assembles, inspects, check tests, repairs and packs single pole style electrical breakers. The Process Operator also performs manual part assembly on a production line as well as packs completed breakers into boxes. The job contains multiple tasks performed in a systematic rotation between workstations among the process operators during a given shift. Rotation increments are typically two - four hours. The primary rotation tasks consist of running a machine (OTS Assembly), performing manual part assembly on a production line and manual finished product packaging.
- General purpose of the production operator position is for tending and operating of automated and semi-automated manufacturing machinery.
- Skill level certification is required to qualify for each of the rotation tasks.
- Process operator tends one or more machines and moving product line on a daily basis in a machine-paced environment for most of the majority of the rotation tasks.
- Occasional line stoppages or interruptions require increased work pace to reduce bottle necks and meet shift production targets.
What qualifications will make you successful?
- GED or High School diploma required.
- Ability to meet production requirements and maintain required part quality.
- Ability to use measuring instruments.
- Ability to read, understand and follow procedures for inspecting breakers.
- Ability to communicate including verbal and written English.
- Ability to work safely, communicate effectively with supervisors and technical personnel, use good judgment, and work well around others.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations, follow policies and procedures, solve problems, and maintain full commitment to the task.
- Ability to utilize good time management skills and multitask without constant supervision.
- Constant standing and walking for up to an eight (8) hour shift. (Operators typically are rotated to the job tasks of On-Line Repair, Auditor and Repair job tasks where chair use is an option.)
- Occasional bilateral upper extremity use with low to moderate force required to push, pull and position bin stacks. Push/pull force required to maneuver product stacked on dollies in bins or plastic totes is generally 10-17 lbs to overcome static inertia and 3-5 lbs to maintain movement of bins, etc.
- Occasional bilateral wrist pronation/supination and ulnar deviation while grasping breakers and using copper probe (with screwdriver handle) for unjamming activities while tending machines.
- Occasional lifting of boxes, tubs and totes weighing 10-25 lbs typically from waist-to-waist height.
- Rare lifting of totes weighing 2-6 lbs from floor to waist height.
- Occasional to frequent forward neck flexion while performing inspection activities (typically sitting in adjustable height chair and table.)
- Occasional step up (4-8 inches) to utilize risers, stands, and/or platform ladders.
- Rare neck extension to look at computer screen or other equipment controls.
- Rare stooping, crouching, squatting, and kneeling to retrieve dropped breakers (behind or under cube system.)
- Frequent hand – eye coordination of body and work object movements.
- Occasional to frequent visual inspection (depending on job being performed) of parts while handling the part to check for quality defects; some checks require inspection tooling or measurement devices.
What's in it for me?
Schneider Electric offers an inclusive benefits package to support all of our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k) + match, well-being programs, holidays & paid time off, military leave benefits, and more.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.