ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s growing Hauppauge and White Plains, NY offices are seeking a Site/Civil Project Manager to support our land development projects.
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects in the Industrial, Real Estate and Energy Market
- Manage small, medium, and large projects
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Manage work and development of other staff
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- Experience with real estate projects, institutional and energy projects a plus
- Ability to think critically and multitask
- Strong computer skills (CAD & MS Office)
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Excels working in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree (a master's degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience)
- 8-11 years of professional site/civil engineering experience required
- NY PE licensure required
- Understanding of the Long Island and/ or White Plains marketplace
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.